8. Not the end

Aria's POV

My morning started with shoutings of my siblings. I walked down stairs as I herd Rebekah shouting.

"Good riddance, both of you!"

"I would say "Good morning", but from what I can hear it's far from good." I told her and leaned against the couch.

"Well, at least my night was amazing." She said smirking. I raised my eyebrows at her statement.

"Somehow I don't think that it was that bartender." I smiled playfully at her. "So who's the lucky one?"

"Damon Salvatore." I sensed Elijah coming in this room, so I decided to tease him a little.

"You know how to pick men, Bekah. Damon is truly a good one." I smirked. I knew that he was listening, because when we turned to him, he was glaring at me with clear jealously in his eyes. But it looked like he had something more important, than this game.

"I'm worried about mother. Have you not noticed her strange behavior?" He asked us.

"She's been dead for a thousand years. What's strange for her?" Rebekah said simply. Any other time I would agree with Rebekah, but not this one. And especially when it's about Esther.

"Burnt sage." Elijah showed us the sage and she took it from him." She was doing a privacy spell."

"You know she fancies such things. Why don't you ask Finn? He's been doting on her."

"I don't trust Finn. He hates what we are, he always has. Besides, she talked with Elena yesterday and when Aria and I asked Elena about what, she lied to us." Elijah informed Rebekah.

"That scum!" It was obvious that Rebekah now hated her even more. "We needed to get rid of her earlier."

"Rebekah, please." Elijah asked her to stop. "Promise me that you won't do anything to her. I'm going now to meet Elena and get the truth."

"Okay, Elijah. I won't touch her." Rebekah sighed and left the room.

"I'll go with you." I said to him.

"No." Elijah shook his head. "I need you to stay with my sister and make sure that she will keep her promise. I want to trust her, but her hatred for Elena is too strong." He asked me.

"Okay, I will." I agreed. "But you have to inform us instantly after you get the news."

"Of course." He nodded and smiled at me. "Thank you." With that he came closer and kissed me lightly on the forehead. I closed my eyes from pleasure. We stood like this for a few minutes until he pulled away. He looked at me one more time before he exited the mansion.

*****************************

I was sitting in the same room reading a book when my phone rang.

"I'm listening."

"It appears that Esther's true intentions are not just to kill Niklaus, but to kill us all. She's going to do this tonight on the full moon."

"What's your plan?" I tried to sound calm, but inside I doubted that we'll make through this one. After all, Esther turned us.

"I trapped Elena in the underground tunnels. I will tell Damon and Stefan to find a way to stop the spell or Elena will die. I need Rebekah to go there and if something goes wrong, she has to kill Elena." It was clear to me that he was not happy about this. He adores Elena, but family is more important than anything else.

"What can I do?" I can't just sit and do nothing, when our lives are at risk.

"Go with Rebekah and make sure that she wouldn't do anything to Elena if not necessary."