Chapter 13- Supermarket Trip!

"C'mon Braiden, hurry up!" I turn around and shout as I'm running to the store.

"I'm coming, but you should probably slow down and watch where you're going." He replies, still walking slowly.

"Really? I'm seventeen, I think I'll be- oof." I'm cut off mid sentence as I slam into the doors.

I bounce off of them then trip, falling right on my butt. There's no way I'm going to live this one down.

"Well, maybe Braiden didn't see it." I turn around only to find him keeling over while clutching his stomach, shaking from laughter. "Nope, he definitely saw it."

With a sigh I stand up and brush myself off then take the walk of shame over to Braiden.

"It wasn't that funny." I grumble, kicking at a loose stone.

"Wasn't that funny? Ryan, that just made my day." He chuckles but I flip him off. "Aww, is little Ry embarrassed?"

My fist connects with his arm which finally shuts him up.

"Hey, punching is not the answer to our problems." He scolds, grabbing my fist and putting it back at my side.

"Maybe not to your problems, but it is to mine. Now let's go, I want food." I drag him into the store and grab a cart.

This is one of the best stores ever. From the outside it looks really small so there aren't a lot of people that shop here. Looks are definitely deceiving because on the inside, it has more food than you can imagine. My favorite section is the candy isle. It's like a separate store back there. You can fill your bag with anything you want then weigh it by the pound. Trust me it's amazing!

"Alright, where do you want to go first?" Braiden asks excitedly.

"Candy!" I squeal like a five year old.

"Alright, let's go." He gestures for me to get in the cart.

"Excuse me?" My eyebrows shoot up and I fold my arms across my chest.

"Get in." He tells me in a "duh" tone.

"Yeah, not happening." I scoff, standing my ground.

"Ugh," he sighs, "I figured you would say that."

With a smirk he starts walking over to me so are noses are touching.

"W-what are you doing?" I stutter, trying to ignore our close proximity.

He doesn't answer, but instead place his strong arms around my waist. His lips move closer to mine and just as they're about to meet I'm swept off my feet.

"Braiden!" I squeal, hammering my fists on his back. "Put me down."

"Okay." All of a sudden I'm no longer being carried, but am sitting in the shopping cart.

He tricked me with an almost kiss? Ugh, this boy can be a real pain in he butt.

"Really?" I ask and he just shrugs. "Huh, whatever. Let's just go get some candy."

A smile spreads onto his face as he starts to push the cart. We continue to get faster and faster until he's in an all out run. I start cheering which turns to screaming when he lets me go.