Chapter 10 : The Bears

"Father, You're not sending Brandon to Swiok Frary" Demanded Tristan to his father

"Father, You're not sending Brandon to Swiok Frary" Demanded Tristan to his father. King Derik, son of Elyot ruler of the nation Sundaros.

Sundaros is the second most thriving nation In Yoreria after Swiok Frary, being under the dominant nation itself. From the time of the rebellion, Gronzerichs rightfully claimed Sundaros to rule. And from then they ruled quite harmoniously, being the strongest ally to the Boddinham's furthermore. King Derik, having the wits and the brains of his father, realized what better opportunity to gain more power onto their house more than marrying off one of his two sons, to the new queen of the most strongest nation in Yoreria. King Elyot and King Balin swore to have their houses joined after the rebellion. Derik hopes that pathetic fool Albert hasn't forgotten their fathers' promise to their houses.

"Who said i was sending Brandon?" King Derik finally payed attention to his oldest son Tristan, who was beaming with anger at the thought of sending his younger brother away to a nation, which he was sure he wouldn't survive in.

Derik finished taking another sip of his wine at the Grand Feast Hall. Surrounded by lords and dukes of less important houses. drinking, shouting and groping prostitutes that were entertaining the hounding men.

Tristan didn't seem to care about anyone in the room, in fact, no one cared about the young prince's presence either. Tristan was never about the life his father led. He was strong, tough and carried a hard exterior. He didn't have much of a childhood, at the young age of 13 he was forced to carry out responsibilities, taking care of his sick mother Briana, and raising Brandon who was just a year younger to him

Derik never bothered with Briana after she bore Tristan, she fell quite ill after bearing her last child. Her health was very fragile. And Tristan did all he could to care for her. It is quite sad what has come of the Gronzerich family. But as long as Derik is alive, no one utters a word

"What? what do you mean? then who is going to Swiok Frary?" Tristan yelled over the shouts, laughter and moans of women and men drinking and pleasuring in the feast hall, hoping his father could hear him, hear his anger and frustration. Not that Derik ever cared, he sure is a splitting image of his father before him, Elyot.

"Come join me pet" a woman wearing next to nothing but jewelry adorned on her head and a little around her chest, dangled over Tristan, which seemed to frustrate him even more as he pushed her hard away so she and any other prostitutes would get the idea that Tristan is not interested.

In fact Tristan never gives thought to women of that caliber. As discriminating as it sounds.He was just like his mother, one that believes in true love, and its quite evident he'd go to any lengths for the ones he love. He swore to himself after watching Derik treat his mother, that he'd love and care the woman he'd one day call his wife. His forever.

Derik let out a huge sigh, and pushed away the prostitute on his lap and stood up from his chair eye level with Tristan, showing his annoyance.

"Listen....son. I do not need you to tell me what i must and must not do. This is my Kingdom under my rule. And i will make whatever decision I see fit to fucking make for the betterment of Sundaros"