Chapter 13 : The Visitor

"Letty what is going on with you?" I demanded

"Letty what is going on with you?" I demanded. Lately she's been living in her own world, always jumpy, always frowning and moody. As if we all got together and burned her dresses.

"Why can't you just mind your own business?" She snapped. Sounding so malicious. I know something is going on. Yes she's already become a woman. She's been like this for months so I don't presume it's because she's.... bleeding.

"I am your older sister of course I'm going to want to know the hell is going on with your life"

"I wish you weren't" she spat at my face and walked away from me. I can't believe she'd say this to me. She was never like this. Ever. Is it because of papa? But it's been too long. Although I don't have time to worry about her moods. I still do. I hate what's becoming of our relationship. Is it because I'm queen?

Cerylia joined me at the court right after Letty left. I hope she didn't hear our conversation. It's already embarrassing as it is. Cerylia Zardel has been my friend for this longest time. She is the daughter of one the most prominent men in court. Cerylia is like my sister too, but I haven't had the time to be around her as I used to. She constantly has to travel back and forth from country to country since her father lord Marco provides sails and ships to Yoreria. She  wasn't even here when I was coronated. There's  nothing she doesn't know about me. She even knows about Jacob. And haven't failed to tease me about it. Every day. The house Zardel is more exotic compared to many other houses. They adorn more jewelry and have darker skin and hair than I do. There used to be a time people thought we were siblings than I did with my very own.

"Well Letty seems to be in a shit mood again"

"I have no clue, and to be fair I don't have time for that"

She shrugged at my response and joined with me to walk around the court, watch the people
Work around the palace, the men building armor and blacksmiths at work.

"Say.... where's that blonde piece of work of yours?" Cerylia nudged me on my arm and laughed. Oh sure tease me. Go ahead.

"He's training his men."

She looked at me in surprise. Oh fuck, I'm not supposed to know where he's at.  I'm not supposed to care. God damn it cerylia you're doing this on purpose aren't you.

"Or something... I don't know li how would I know. Does it look like I'd know?" I backtracked. But of course as if that helped.

"To me it looks like you wake up early in the morning and rush outside to your balcony to watch him without a shirt training his morning away..... ooo you dirty bastard"

"What?! How do you know that?"

Cerylia continued to laugh even more.