Chapter-40: أنا أحبك

Thank you so much for the 1.9k reads. Alhamdulilah! An early update for all you!

Next update: Sunday - an Epilogue!

Jazak Allah Khair.

~~~

Clad in her abaya, Noor sits patiently, before the overwhelming jitters take over. Shahina had a soothing hand, around Noor, while Ameena looked into, the arrangements for the guests. A handful of guests had arrived, but, Ameena is expecting many more. After all, her only son is getting wedded!

Noor has a rich-black henna drawn on her hand. Many girls around her whisper things like - "OMG! Fahad loves her so much,"

Noor doesn't pay attention. She didn't want to believe in vague old sayings.

~~~

Fahad and Noor sit opposite each other, with a thin cotton cloth, in between. Amir is present as Noor's Wali.

The Sheikh - a stout, Pakistani man, starts the proceedings of the Nikah, with a speech on the Significance of the commitment of the Marriage.

"Do you take Noor Ahmed, to be your bride?" He questions Fahad, afterwards. Fahad takes a brief look at Noor, before replying, "Yes,"

Noor breathes out, a sigh of relief.

"Do you take Fahad AbdurRahman, to be your groom?"

Yes. "نعم,"

Startled, the Sheikh whispers something to Kasim. Noor lip reads - "Arabi?" He had said. Kasim simply nods, with a smile.

Cheers break out, around them. Noor appears nervous. Everything is so new to her - the people, feelings, family...

"Noor?" Fahad questions, as the cloth between them, disappears. He points towards the door, with his thumb. "Let's run away,"

He knows that she is grinning - the crinkling of her eyes betray her facial expression.

"Sure,"

So, amidst the crowd, while Ameena is attending to the guests, they decide to go away. But, at the exit, Shahina stops them.

"Where are you going?" She has a playful edge, to her tone.

Fahad just winks.

They escape, in the shiny, black limo, which is waiting outside the Masjid.

~~~

They stop at an Ice Cream parlor.

"An ice cream?" Noor questions.

"Why not? The weather is lovely, the sky is blue...I have my beautiful wife, by my side," Noor chuckles.

They order a giant cup of chocolate and vanilla ice cream. "To my husband," "To my wife," They say, simultaneously, while clinking the plastic spoons together.

~~~

She signs Fahad's promotion documents, before mailing it to him. He is getting a promotion - Executive Secretary to Manager of Cups and Cakes Inc. But, he would still remain her Employee.

She takes one look at herself, in the mirror, before making her way outside, accompanied by Amy, Safiya, and Jennie.

~~~

Fahad is dressed in a black tuxedo, and a red tie and Ameena couldn't stop blowing Quranic verses on him, in order to protect him, from the evil eye, of envious people.

But, Fahad couldn't stop looking at Noor, who even in the veil, looks beautiful.

The lights are dim, now, as people approach the dance floor. A traditional beat plays. Many urge Noor and Fahad to dance.

Fahad takes Noor's hand. He wraps his arm, around her waist, then, brings her close.

I love you, he says. "أنا أحبك"