Chapter 20

Dedicated to teenfuly

A/N: Please guys listen to this song in media, it's important for this chapter

Sam's P.O.V.

"W-What?" I asked while blinking few times like that all was dream and this could wake me up.

But unfortunately nothing of this happened. She just stared blankly at other side of the room, avoiding my eyes.

I sighed deeply, of all things I could have said I decide to say what... Seriously Sam!? How stupid is that?

"I've almost died two times already. First time I let my sister die for me, one person I loved the most. She sacrificed her own life for me! How selfish is that!? It's my fault she isn't here now"

"Hey, it's not your fault"

"It is, Sam. It is." she whispered. "And second time" she stopped for a moment "Well, I don't actually know how I survived at all. Just look at all this scars and you, yourself would agree there is no chance for someone to survive it. And since that night I get flashbacks every now and then. I wouldn't sleep for nights because I was scared that I am going to go through it all over again. Since then I started having panic attacks. I'm such a mess"

I slowly brought my hand to her chin and gently forced her to face me. I have so many things on my mind that I could tell her. How sorry I am, how she is that strongest person I know, how all what happened is not her fault. But at the moment when her eyes met mine that all left my mind. I opened and closed my mouth looking for right words but there was nothing. Silence.

I just wrapped my arms around her and pulled her into me. I gently caressed her back until she relaxed and buried her head in crock of my neck. If my mouth can't say anything, my body can.

"I am really not expert with words but I know how to hug" I said and she chuckled. I don't even know how to hug to be honest, but it seems fine to her.

"You are helping" she whispered and I suddenly felt myself getting hotter when I felt her breath on my skin.

"You know, you can be a mess. That's nothing to be ashamed of" I said when I pulled back and put her hair behind her ear. "Messes can be cleaned up, or messes can be left how they are. But they can be beautiful either way. They are like art." I looked at her eyes and caressed her cheek "Actually no. Scratch that. In fact they are art and it just take right person to see beauty in them"

"Wow" she breathed out and smiled at me "And this comes from girl who said she is not good with words huh"

She slowly leaned on my touch and closed her eyes, while with other hand she reached for mine and intertwined our fingers. She smiled shyly and my heartbeat got faster just by looking at her smiling again.

And like all our moment this one as well was interrupted when Charlie jumped between us and literally pushed me off of Dušica. He looked at her and started licking her cheek. We both giggled and she kissed him sweetly.

"It's okay, buddy, I'm fine" she patted his head and he curled up at her lap.

"I guess you two don't need me anymore" I said an got up, but before I could walk away Dušica grabbed me for elbow, gently though.

"Stay" she whispered and looked me directly in eyes.

I was shocked at first but her voice was almost like pleading.