7. The importance of speech

Chapter 7

The importance of speech

They say never underestimate the power of a wolf.

They meant power as in strength, and courage but right now I'm underestimating the power of a certain wolf but power of speech.

"No A, you are wrong!" I hear Jackson whine.

"You just said calasthrophy, it's catastrophe!" I scream back.

"I have freedom of speech! I, Jackson Gorle, have the right to say whatever I want. Freedom of speech woman!" He screams.

"Oh here we go again" I hear Harry sigh.

"You can say whatever you want, only if you say it correctly" I scream back.

"Then how do you say it!" He yells.

"Catastrophe!" I exclaim.

"Stop" I hear Harry say clearly not giving a crap.

"I bet you don't even know how to spell it" I say mockingly.

"I do" he says then sticks his tongue out at me.

"How do you spell it?" I say full of cockiness. I knew for a fact that he was wrong.

"C-A-L-A-S-T-H-R-O-P-H-Y" he said confidently.

"Wrong!" I yell.

"Just shut up!" Harry finally yelled.

We start laughing like crazy until Adam walks in the room and the guys stop laughing and clear their throats so I can stop laughing as well.

I turn around and see Adan staring at me in a serious face. I let out a small laugh and stayed quietly looking at him.

"Hi" I answer awkwardly.

He suddenly let out a huge laugh. We all look at him in confusion, he has never laughed at something this stupid.

"Y'all should've seen your faces!" He laughs.

We all started laughing and Jackson well he was cracking up.

"That was funny!" He exclaimed. All of a sudden we all got quiet and Jackson was still laughing.

"It's not funny anymore" I say with a serious face. Adam, Harry and me had serious faces. Jackson then stared at us and stopped laughing. At the sight of his scared mixed with embarrassed face we laughed again.

_____________

"So did you talk to Esme and her dad?" I ask with a mouth full of spaghetti.

Adam, Jackson, Harry, Samuel and me have been sitting here for about 10 minutes eating.

"Yes," He said, slurping the spaghetti noodle.

I laugh at the sight of my mate's face that is currently full of spaghetti sauce. I reach out to take a napkin and clean his face. He smiled humbly at me and I started to feel my face blushing.

"What did she say?" I say.

"She apologized to me and she will apologize to you when we have the pack meeting" He said.

I started choking on the noodle I had just slurped and I couldn't control my breath. I felt Adam's hand hitting my back trying to help me. I started feeling my chest burn, I suddenly took the water Adam gave me and I stopped choking.

"Pack meeting?" I choke out.

"Yes, are you okay?" Adam asked. I look at his eyes that were full of fear, I look at Samuel, Harry and Jackson and they are panicked.

"I'm fine," I say. I get up from the table and start walking towards Adam's room.

Why am I so scared of a pack meeting? The pack meeting is where they introduce a new member to the pack, and in this case the new member is me. I will be introduced as the pack Luna, I know for a fact I'm not ready for this. I walk up to the bathroom mirror and stare at myself. My face is almost completely healed, due to the fact that werewolves heal faster than a regular human.

Me as pack Luna? A daughter of a beta, and now an Alpha's mate. I'm so not ready for this.

"Are you okay?" I hear Adam say.

"Yeah, I was just choking," I say.

"You know what I mean," he says. I open the door and let him in the restroom. He walks in and he grabs me by my waist while staring at each other in the mirror. I stare at his chocolate eyes and his pink puffy lips, I look at his flawless hair and stare at him in awe.

"Astrid?" He says knocking me out of my train of thought.

"Oh, sorry" I say. He looks at me and kisses my forehead.

"I'm just scared," I admit. He looks at me with confused eyes.

"Of me?" He immediately assumed.

"God no, I'm scared of being Luna" I say. "I'm a failure" I whisper.

"Baby, you are amazing. You're not a failure, you will be the best Luna ever" He says while hugging me from behind. He crooks his head in my neck and starts leaving gentle kisses on my neck.

"I'm just scared," I say. I turned around and our faces were inches apart. I looked at his eyes and he was already staring, his twinkling eyes were amazing. His eyes suddenly shifted to my lips and I stared at his pink puffy lips.

"Don't be" He says. "I'll be here, by your side".

He suddenly grabbed my hands and brought me closer to him, I let out a sigh and he giggled.

"You will?" I ask.

"I will" he assures.

I bring my eyes up to his and he stares at me with such passion. I looked down at his lips and he stared leaning in.

His soft puffy finally touched mine, our lips started to move in sync and we knew that this was right. His lips on mine were like pillows, it felt as if they were puzzle pieces that were finally together. It felt as if time had stopped, as if nothing in the world mattered only him, only this moment mattered.

He separated and we both had big smiles on our faces.

"Wow" He let out a breath.

"Wow indeed" I laugh.

"Don't be scared, they will love you" He says. "Trust me".

"I'll try to," I say and start leaning in again.

"Can't get enough?" He said being cocky.

"God no" I said and felt his lips touch mine.

_____________

"This show is awesome!" I let out a scream.

Adam and I are currently in his soft, silky bed while watching a show we found on Netflix.

"It is?" Adam asks.

"Yes!!" I exclaim and get closer to him and his warmth. I look up at him and smile. Gosh I'm so lucky.