10. My one and only

Chapter 10
My one and only

"What a jerk!" I hear Jeremy scream.

"And you're not?" I whispered.

He looks at me with pleading eyes, "I'm sorry. I was just saying it so he won't get the idea that I was coming back for you" he says.

I look at him but can't even make eye contact with him. The sight of his face made me angry. His words made me angry, I wanted to talk to him with poison in my voice. I wanted to scream at him and slap him for what he has said to me. I felt my blood boil, I wanted to let out a frustrated scream. I wanted to throw myself to the ground, cry and scream. I was rejected by my mate, he is getting married to someone else and I don't know why.

"Oh shut up" I say harshly. I didn't know it was going to come out that bad but he deserved it.

"Astrid?" I hear my dad say behind me. I quickly turn around, and run up to hug him.

"My baby" He says hugging me. I let out a cry and he looks at me with confusion.

"He rejected me dad!" I say letting out a loud cry.

His eyes went from confusion to sadness to anger in a matter of seconds. It hurt his as much as it hurts me, his little girl getting rejected.

"You still have me" I hear Jeremy say. I turn around and see him straight in the eyes. I could see sincerity in his eyes, he looked scared but sadness filled his eyes.

"What about Sarah?" I ask.

"You know I would leave her to be with you" He said. At that moment my dad was gone. I look over at Jeremy and finally give in. I run up to him and hug him. I knew this was wrong, he had a mate but I couldn't let go. He was warm and in love, I couldn't let go.

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_

After talking it out with Jeremy we decided to watch a movie. I was still shaken up because of the day I just had and he was there for me. He didn't mean the stuff he said, Adam is the jerk not him.

I'm staring at the television screen when all of a sudden I turn to Jeremy, he was already staring. I look deep into his eyes, those eyes that I loved. A smile lit up from his face, I smile back. His humble laugh filled the room, while I stare in confusion.

"Gosh you're beautiful" he says smiling and laughing like an idiot. I smile at the slight comment he had just made.

He started leaning in, I backed away slowly.

"Don't be scared, he isn't worth it anyways" He whispered loud enough so only I can hear.

He started leaning in again and I leaned in as well this time. Our faces were inches apart and all of a sudden our lips were touching. His hand went up to my cheeks and our lips started moving in sync.

This didn't feel correct, it wasn't as sweet as Adam's kisses. It may have been the mate bond but it doesn't feel the same.

He starts laying me down in the bed and he starts getting on top of me. His sloppy kisses started making a trail down my neck, the warmth of the kisses felt good. It still didn't feel right but at this point I was sad and I couldn't think of Adam and Esme anymore, so I let him.

He looked up at me and he grabbed my shirt and nervously nodded as if asking me if it was okay. I give him a humble nod, and his hands immediately pulled my shirt. He stares at my chest and looks up at me.

"Have I mentioned you are beautiful?" He said and I smiled like crazy.

He started kissing my lips once again, his hands roaming my body. His kisses became more sloppy. His hands finally landed in my butt and gave it a slight squeeze, I gasped, he caught me by surprise. His sloppy kisses roamed my neck and chest once again. I look into his hungry eyes and I immediately got my hands close to his shirt and yanked it off.

"Woah" he gasped.

I let out a soft laugh and he smirks in satisfaction. I lean close to his lips and give him a kiss. My hands roam through his chest; his toned, tan abs made me smirk. My hands landed on the seam of his jeans and his hands did the same. We unbuttoned each others jeans and we started kissing again.

At that exact moment, I realized that it was wrong. No matter what Adam did to me, I couldn't do this to him. Adam is my one and only and I can't do this. Jeremy stared at me with his eyes full of sadness.

"This is wrong " he said. "Sarah doesn't deserve this".

"Adam is my one and only" I finally say.

I pull away from him, let out a sigh and grab my clothes from the floor. I start getting dresses and he does the same.

"I'm sorry" I whispered.

"I'm sorry as well" he whispered back.

After he finished getting dressed, he immediately left the room. Leaving me in utter sadness, I almost did it with someone who is not my mate. Jeremy means a lot to me but he is not Adam and he will never be Adam.

I lay in bed and stare at the ceiling. I stay there feeling numb, I didn't care about what Adam had done. He was my mate and we were chosen together for a reason. I knew that for a fact he will be my first but I know I won't. I almost made the biggest mistake in my life but I honestly don't regret much about tonight.

I may not be Adam's love but he indeed is mine. No matter what he had done, I was going to be there for him. I am going to love him no matter what.

As I have said before, Adam is my one and only.