Chapter 7.

Over the months, Honey had walked in to a lot of crazy things from Daisy.
It was expected and Honey had come to expect them from her eccentric friend. But it didn't mean she could tolerant everything like being locked out.
She was just from Paris after the crazy week and with the jet lag weighing her down she was ready to drop on her  feet. And anyway was eighteen hours of uninterrupted sleep too much to ask for In her soft bed?
She could almost imagine the soft Ralf Lauren sheets,the soft feather pillows; all a sea of white heaven that was calling. The image of it all was so strong she was already sleeping on her feet. The feeling of stupefaction after the fitful sleep on the plane between two old ladies who couldn't let their seats position deter their crazy gossips still followed her like a dark cloud.
The fact that she had been able to find her way home was an achievement in itself.
She would probably kill someone to get her sleep and the thought wasn't all that bad.

"Open this door before I knock it down!"

She shrieked in a voice  so full of sleep she doubted it was hers. But she approved of  the murderous undertow of it. It was a voice that guaranteed things to be done and without wasting her time she could be using for sleep.

Daisy face appeared between the small opening, the chains still in place.

"Daisy!"
She all but growled.

"What are you doing here?"

The little piece of shit actually asked that. But maybe she had gotten the wrong number she confirmed ignoring the peeping eyes watching her like she was crazy or high on something.

"Bite me!" She turned back to the door," why? The last time I checked I still lived here."

"Don't you have something to do?"

Daisy asked trying to wink at her and doing a bad job at it. It made her look as if she was about to sneeze which made Honey almost laugh. The key word was almost she was still too pissed off to find humor in anything. But she could probably laugh all the way to bed. Did that even make sense? You see what lack of sleep did?

"What did you ask?Yes... no i have nothing to do so open up. And what's this all about?"

"As a grown woman I refuse to answer that."

"Is there a man in there? A married man perhaps  or have you killed the wife in there too?"

"None of the above but if you don't make yourself scarce I can promise you there will be a body on my front  door."

"Why don't you open the door then?"

"Nice try but not now go on and play mama is kinda of busy."

"You will pay for-"
The door slammed in her face and nearly chased away the sleep.
"Bitch."

"I heard that and don't make faces at me."

Daisy voice carried through the closed door just as Honey made a face.
With her bags full of dresses she had been given as payment for all her trouble she  collapsed on the floor and promptly went to sleep.

####

The small restaurant was almost half full as Honey and Daisy took their seats.
Honey promptly ordered a big steak and wasn't surprised when Daisy ordered a bland salad and mineral water.
She was a finicky eater and Honey was already used to her hypochondria tendencies. And anyway old habits were hard to break after a childhood of health problems and a dad who would have put her under a purdah if he could or even lock her up in a tall tower guarded by fire breathing dragon to protect his vulnerable daughter.
With such a background Honey understood why she was so eager to try new experiences as if compensating for the lost childhood and who could blame her.
She was a perfect example of a paradox. Wild and reserved. Crazy by nature but years of conservative living that formed the basis of her life still had their hold on her. The contradiction always fascinated Honey like now.