Chapter 8.

Coitus, at least with Jason in the equation, wasn't a run of the mill. With him she didn't feel shortchanged. Receiving the short end of the stick so to speak which wasn't short by any standard. In the grand scheme of things, the guy knew how to put a woman first,take her mind off her troubles and reduce her to quivering mess, limp as a ragdoll.

"I was on top the last time why should I do all the work."
Jason had complained.

"Let's toss then."

"I would have never pinned you for a gambling Lady."

"Didn't I gamble on our relationship?"
She had volleyed.

"Well that was a sure bet."
He had said.
The positions  which was always a bone of contention was soon followed by hours of groaning and moaning and finally cuddling which if she was honest was just them tangled together where the last orgasm had dropped them too tired to move. Like now with him lying on top of her after loosing yet again.

"You look beautiful."
He had murmured in her ear.

"Aren't you a Cutie."

"At a time like this a man prefer to be called a stud, an animal but not a cutie that just insulting."

"OK mighty phallus."
She had said grinning like a fool.
A comfortable silence had settled over them. They were content to listen to their breathing and heartbeats until Elizabeth said, " I was the Miss Universe."
She had confessed without preamble.
Her mind had flashed to that moment when she had wanted to hear her native language spoken on the streets, to walk down her childhood lanes and see people from her past though her grandparents were long dead by then. There was rupture and power in that. That had led her to want to represent her county  in the Miss Universe competitions and won.

"You are pulling my leg."

"Are you telling me I can't-"

"Of course not."

"But for all five seconds of it, my fifteen minutes of fame If you like."
She had said with a sad note in her voice.

"Why?"

"Well because I just thought it would be fun to win and have them snatch the victory from me after all when our life gets boring God is watching so we must keep Him entertained or he kills us."

"You are being sarcastic."

"Of course."
If she was a shrink she would know it was a trick to lessen the gravity of the matter, " but you know what they say about what goes around. My mistakes finally caught up with me."

"The nude pictures."
Jason said finally giving voice to the reason why they broken up.
"And a lot more."
Not even the change of names could have stopped that storm.
In a spirit of full disclosure and confession mood she had told him everything. From her acting career and life in Paris to when she had found out about her mom.
"Victoria Lombardi?"
"How did you know that?"
She had said pushing from him to meet his eyes.

"There was something about her. How she talked about you that time I met her that made me suspect."

She hadn't made it easy for her mom for leaving her. If it wasn't for fate would she have come looking for her?
She had asked, hardening  her heart and refusing to forgive her until it was too late. The money aside, the villa was the only thing that she had to remember her by but even that she hadn't really wanted it and Rich was right she hadn't put up much of a fight which made her ashamed. She hadn't confessed that part.
Ignorance was Bliss, she told herself to justify her action. She couldn't stand hurting him but what she didn't know was who was she protecting him or Elizabeth.