Chapter 8.

Anita would have loved to think she was an unwilling participant to the course her foiled destiny had taken. After all one thing was clear she hadn't dreamt of living her best years of her youth as an hairdresser and make up girl to models. For one thing she couldn't  tell anymore if the dream to be super model was hers or her mom's, who never missed an opportunity to tell her she had given up modelling to raise her so it was her work to continue her moms legend. Ten Years down the line and she had nothing to show for it at least  not model wise and anyway it didn't seem important anymore though she gave herself to self indulgence and whimsical fantasies from time to time. Haunted by what might have been?
By settling for hairdressing had she betrayed a Deeper purpose?
May be in a parallel universe her double was happily living the glamorous life she so much craved.
Self indulgence and few stolen moments is what she could allow herself after hours when the showroom was deserted with her trying out model outfits and cat walking  down imaginary runways. But even that felt fraudulent. And anyway it never begun to satisfy her hunger and hankering thirst to be on the spotlight for the whole world to see as she dazzled. True, it gave her a few moments of joy when she was in that bubble and granted at twenty nine the dream will always be that and nothing more; Model wise she was too old.
If given the opportunity to rewrite her life would she have done anything differently? Or more to the point could she change her plus size body size or her ethnic background? Could she change her upturned nose that she had once been mocked it was surprise she didn't drown when it rained? Come to think about  it a surgery could correct that and she could always pump out the excess fat and sell it to the likes of Foxx to fill their lips and breasts. 
The thought made her laugh.
But life was looking up for her. She had learnt to take pleasure in the small things in life like her growing friendship with Honey and of course this stolen moments in the dark.
So, that evening it was inevitable she would be in the dressing room trying on the new outfits she could slither into considering her body size when Victoria Lombardi walked in a picture of understated fashion style boosting of class in her saint Laurent designer slacks, chiffon blouse and a red seude boxy streamlined jacket.
Terror pumping in her blood, her heart thudding in her chest she quickly dived behind a rack of clothes bashing her elbow on the tiled floor in the process. Hot pain shot throw her sizzling her nerves but she steadfastly held back the yelp that threaten to bubble out. Hot tears stung her eyes blurring her view. Stupid! stupid! she chastised herself.
Victoria still with her cool sophisticated veneer  and Anita could bet she would still uphold that image  even when stark naked with her eyes closed walked over to Honey's dressing table. Anita lucid enough after the worst of the pain had ebbed to a throbbing discomfort watched from the cover of brand new clothes with their good smell that made her want to salivate.
Focus she told herself when her mind started to wonder and swiveled to Victoria who took something from the table, appeared to cover it with a tissue paper and slid it in her expensive handbag the same as hers but of course hers was  a knock off.
Her mission complete she sauntered out, her high heels clicking on the polished floor.
Weird but Anita had long given up on trying to understand the likes of the Victoria's of the world.
The door clicking closed behind Victoria she counted to ten before she picked herself up and cursed in pain for a solid three minutes.
She almost had an heart attack when she saw the long tear at the expensive dress.
Shit
She cursed panicked fear washing over her as she tried to get out of the dress without causing more damage.
Holding it delicately like a new born baby she dashed towards the door before she realised she was still half naked and had to run back for her Levi's jeans.
Thirty seconds later she was careening down the halls. She needed a tailor pronto and a lots of prayers.

                                   ******

To restore her sense of power and salve her bruised ego for being cornered into agreeing to go to the stupid therapy Honey forced Daisy into watching a horror flick much to her disappointment.
To squeal and scream at every scary Scene was bad. To want to discus how hot the main actor was was worse and there was that other thing she did that was worst. Honey wasn't sure if Daisy knew no matter how much she shouted at the characters not to open that door or take that wrong turn it wouldn't have changed a thing. And as if that wasn't bad enough she had had to perform a small emergency medical  operation when Daisy had turned blue when she had held her breath when the main character she had a stupid crush on had nearly drowned this was after she had been throwing popcorns at the TV when he had had sex with the ghost much to her chagrin and stupid jealousy. Why would she want to see if she could survive the same scene if it was in real life honey didn't know.
Honey was glad all that was over and made a mental note never to watch a movie with her again. Did I mention she also used my new fuzzy Angora sweater to blow her nose with when she cried after her crush died- killed brutality I may add?