Chapter 2.

Elizabeth Blair prided herself for a sense of herself. Not so much as  to be vain and conceited but just enough. She wasn't the low esteemed women who would put on sultry small dresses and walk by a construction cite just so the workers would whistle approvingly at them and even in the extreme drop their handbags and bend over. She was better than that or at least she thought so. For the life of her she never understood the logic of such women or cared to. But she had to admit, even to herself, there was power in bringing a whole group of male species to a standstill just to watch and gawk at you. The feeling was unparalleled and it did wonders to your ego.
At her age, which was never to be mentioned at any occasion whatsoever she could say she still got it. Well, that is, if the reaction from a group of sweaty teenage boys who were ruled by their raging hormones was anything to go by. But still it counted for something. Anyway, her attention wasn't so much on them at least not the part in her that still boasted of a bloated ego as the man among them. Jason who looked as hot as hell in his designer shirt which was a faded shirt written designer in bold words and shorts. He didn't have to swath himself in a very tight dress that would have made a nun swoon and a priest to swear. For a moment Elizabeth wondered if she would look as hot - without her Short dress which she was beginning to suspect was short as her morals - in a casual apparels. The dilemma was no sooner asked than answered. No she didn't think so.
The dress which had been a comfort purchase when she had been feeling low was working its magic without compromising her self respect as a woman or was that a lie? But she looked damn hot if she could say so herself. She was probably too old to be dressing like this and couldn't wait when she would be older and would have looked stupid and absurd rocking a such dress. A time when the fascination of the opposite sex with all its lunacy would be cured with age.
She was getting there sooner rather than later but she wasn't too eager  but when the time arrived she would proudly say she had had one hell of a ride. In the meantime with the clock ticking she would enjoy life and take the bull by its balls literally.
She had always been a fast worker and Jason's pace was bugging her out.
Taking things slow.
They had been going steady for weeks now and hadn't gone past harmless kissing but she was determined to change that.
The whole approach was appealing at first but over time it had gotten as annoying as hell. If she heard the stupid drawn out line about wanting to know her better before he knows her biblically  one more time she would chop off his balls. He had even managed to make her doubt herself and that was saying something what with her sense of herself which she was realizing was now bordering conceited.
Was she loosing her touch? That right there wasn't allowed after all she had put a lot of effort to reach a point in life where no man had the power to shake her equilibrium let alone her confidence.
Especially not that.
And Jason was doing just that even without trying. He had literally done the impossible but he didn't know that and she had all the intentions of keeping it that way.
The plan to get him in bed was nothing else but a ploy to regain the power she had relinquished to him. To get back in control and what better place to dominate than in bed. She wasn't the proverbial ostrich that buries its head in the sand so to speak so tucking away her morals she pasted a smile on her face and sauntered over to him ignoring the two boys who rammed into each other while gawking at her. Yes there was power in the female anatomy.
The thought bolstered her confidence.

"Isn't that dress too small for you?"

Jason asked in disapproval but his roaming eyes told a different story, "you could get arrested because of it."

He added still not meeting her eyes his attention otherwise occupied.

"If you don't approve you can get me out of it after you are finished here."

And to show him how serious she was she leaned in and kissed him oblivious to hoots and whistles from the team he was training.

"What was that you said again about dresses and later?"

He asked smiling,"and what was the kiss for?"

"Just to torture you."

She grinned as she turned and swept her gaze over the field.

"Either ways this will go to show them I am not the geek they take me for."

Smiling he turned to the boys who were watching him with new respect and some hints of envy, "guys meet Bells my girlfriend." Jason shouted. The admission surprising him as much as Elizabeth for they had not put a name to whatever they had going so far.

"Men"

Elizabeth scoffed but she was grinning as the baseball players jostled among each other eager to make her acquaintance.

"Hi did you fall from heaven because you are nothing short of an Angel."

The boy apparently the first among equals smiled at her as he took her hand an even kissed it sloppily. Elizabeth could only just watch, surprised and amused.

"Well well you didn't tell me you also trained them on the fine arts of flirtation?"

She turned to Jason who was scowling down at the boy.

"That's Miles he is just  a harmless no good and you better get your filthy hands off her."

The boy, Miles just shrugged," If you decide to  damp his sorry ass give me a call."

Miles beat a hasty retreat as his teammates laughed when Jason asked for a bat.

"Stop standing with your mouths open and get back to work.  Hundred push ups!"

Jason barked and Elizabeth who was watching approved when the team jumped at his command.

"Should you be on your way?"

"Are you trying to get me to leave?"

"Of course not I want you to leave."

"Don't tell me you are afraid one of your smooth talking players will sweet talk me into damping your sorry ass. Coach?"

She tauted grinning at him.

"Believe me that's not what I am worried about. Should I escort you back to your car?"

"No I think I will stay, I happen to know a thing or two about training and they might need a little motivation and nothing inspires boys more than a lady in a short dress."

                                   ******