5. The Aftermaths in Europe

(Fifteen's POV)

Eleven and I had traveled different countries in Europe to look for Number Twelve. We've been to Belgium, France, United Kingdom and Greece. we found no sign of a Garde. Greyson's tablet says it's somewhere in Europe, so we have to hope Twelve is still here. We've been in Spain last day and found suspicious incident. But we were too late. It was in a monastery of some sort. I suddenly remembered the orphanage I've been into. We believe it was Twelve who got in there. But there were girls, and Eleven told me Twelve is a boy. So whether what happened in there is cause by a Garde, it wasn't Twelve.

"We have to try other countries," I told Eleven yesterday

"It's harder to find him," Eleven muttered.

"I know. But we shouldn't lose hope. He's out there. We just need to keep on searching, okay?" I assured her as she nodded in agreement.

Eleven is a nice accompany. She usually cheer me up when I lost interest in finding Twelve. But most of the time, I'm the one who cheers her up. There is something in between her and Twelve. A close attatchment maybe, so I knew I have to trust we are going to find him.

From time to time after we left Greyson in Australia, which I realized was a had idea, Eleven and I had been training. Without our Chest with us, we need to use our skills and Legacies. It's the only thing that can help us beside our basic needs.

When we rescued her and Leighn last fee weeks from a Mog base in Philippines, she showed her Legacies. We found out and confirmed that controlling plants is one, after she used her ability to regrow flowers in the streets without her item from her Chest. Eleven is strong, whereas me, I don't know where controlling illusions lead me. Sometimes I even get envy with her Legacies. We're completely opposite. She can heal, I can inflict disease. She can create life with plants, I can kill life with a touch. She can talk to creatures, I can control monsters.

I always believe I'm darker than any other Garde. I always feel left out, alone and different. But I don't have to dwell with it so I just brush them off my mind. I need possitivity, not pessimism.

********

"Are you sure this is safe?" Eleven asks me. We found a motel somewhere in Croatia's capital city, Trieste. We can't understand much their language, but we dealt with the people here as if we're tourists.

"I think so," I tell her. "Don't worry, tomorrow we'll leave."

"That's a relief," she mutters as we enter the motel lobby.

"Why so?" I ask. "Because you're nervous about this place?"

"I'm neverous about everything."

I let out a laugh. "Being nervous can sometimes save us."

We approach the receptionist's counter and ask for one small bedroom enough for the two of us. The good thing is, she didn't give us a suspicion of what we are. Eleven cut out her hair shorter to disguise as my younger sister. Besides, she's younger than me and Greyson. And probably from the five of us.

"This is how comfortable you feel when you were back at the orphanage?" Eleven ask me. She places her bag beside her bed and fling her body towards the soft cushion. I remember she was held captive in a cell for too long. I dont think she ever experienced resting on a soft bed.

I lay at my own bed. "Yes, but everyone in there makes everything uncomfortable. How about you? What happened before you were captured?"

"Leighn first found me under a bridge. I thought he was a stranger. He is. I mean, he was. But he introduced himself as my Cepan. Then we went hiding in forests. In farms. Somewhere far from cities and crowd."

"I'm sorry about Leighn," I say. It was a shocking revelation when we realized he was Greyson's father. He was so afraid to lose his sons including Fourteen. So he followed, but end up with Eleven. "I wish he was still alive. He might have explained us everything that's been going on, since he was there when our planet was being invaded."

"Me too."

I look at her. "Did Leighn told you anything? His organization in Lorien? His plans?"

Eleven shook her head. "I don't think so. Leighn had only trained me emotionally and socially. Not those trainings and skills. Whenever he teaches me, he remind me of my Memories. You got that too?"

"Uhu, and the Memories stopped when we get older."

"It's been a lot, Fifteen. I still can't believe I'm out of that Mog base now. But that was the biggest thing that happened in my life."

I smiled. "We're not even half way through defeating Mogs. You'll encounter more soon."

Suddenly, I can feel my eyes rolling. My eyelids weighing heavier. That's when I fell asleep. And my dream came about.

I was in a dark room. I couldn't see anything except few streaks of light. There was a ripped part in front of me from where the light goes in, as if the darkness was a wallpaper. I tear that paper more and more light came in. My vision shift into a mellow place that looked like a room. A silhouette materializes in front. A boy.

"Hello?" I said. My voice was like an echo.

The boy's head turns to me. "Fifteen?"

He knows who I am. The silouette suddenly becomes clearer. I could see his face. Jet black hair, fine jawline, scar on forehead, eyes's colors uneven.

"Greyson!" I yelped. "It's you! Why did you call me?"

The place became clearer. Greyson is in a room. His chimaera is sleeping underneath his bed. He stands up looking for me voice.

"What are you talking about? You're the one who called me."

I realize it's the same dream when I'm at the orphanage. When Eleven was at the Mog cell. Somehow, I can talk to other Garde through dream.

"Oh, I think so. Anyway, what happened?"

"Clara is gone. She was taken by the Mogs in Peru."

"What?" I panicked. "Your pendant is with her."

"She is more valuable that my pendant."

I wrinkle my eyebrows. "Don't be such a wimpy, Greyson. She is a human girl. We are in danger against an intergalactic war, and you're thinking about her?"

He shrugged. "Well, I need the pendant too. It's the same all the way. But I need her and the pendant."

"Take an airplane. Go there immediately. Try communicating with me through your telepathy if you have any problem."

"I told you-"

"You have telepathy. I've seen it. We've seen it. Just believe."

The vision begin to fade. Greyson becomes static. "Just, take care in there."

"You too," he said. Then I bolt up from my bed, sweat soaking me. It's already morning.

Eleven wakes up the moment I stand up. We have to leave now. Greyson faces a lot greater mission that us. So we have to move our asses and do our jobs as well.

"We go to the city now," Eleven says as if she just read my mind.

"Why so?"

"I sensed alien activity there," she laughed. I smiled. Dream perhaps.

"Alright, we'll see."