15. A Failed Rescue

(Greyson's POV)

Whatever dirt she puts on to mess her face, Clara still looks beautiful.

She grips her hand in the metal bars of her cell and happily reach for me. "I thought you'll never come."

"I always come, Clara," I smile. I realize she has a friend inside her cell too. Like everyone else, each cell have pairs. Another red-headed girl peeks in to see me.

"Do your flirts later. Get us out of here first," she says.

"Right," I say and hold Clara's hands first. "We'll get you out."

She must have think about what I mean by we. I meant her cat.

Quickly, I clutch my orb sword and press its triangular button. A blade expanded from the orb until I'm already holding a sword. I break each locks and free the human captives, telling them each to be quiet. Night transforms into her true form, a brown monstrous creature with think fur and large fangs. She destroys each cages with her bare fangs. I open Clara's cell and once she gets out, she pulls me for a hug. "I always knew you'll come for me."

I pull out. "Of course I will. Good thing I visited your house. Your father was there, but he became a little bit..."

"Dad?" Her eyes widen.

I nodded. "Long story. I'll explain when we get out of this hell, alright?"

Night shapeshifts back into a cat form. When Clara sees her, she shriek. "N-night?"

"Long story too. I thought you know she's a chimaera."

"How would I even know!"

That's when I notice the firings are still ongoing but they seem a little bit farther now. What's been getting louder is the boots of soldiers marching their way towards us.

"We have to move," I tell and Clara. "The exit is downstairs in this cave. But we have to cross that bridge." I pointed at the land bridge I went through a while ago.

"Come on, let's move!" Clara starts. She leads the teenagers down. I smile at her sudden leadership. When she saw me staring at her, she frown. "What, you think only aliens can save others?"

"No- I, I just..." I stutter, but she suddenly walk in front of me, stand on her toes, and kiss my cheeks.

"You are my hero, Greyson," she says.

But then, a Mog appear before the stairs and saw me. He raises his canon-like gun towards us. "Duck!"

Clara ducks as I push the Mog towards the railing and he fall.

"Come on, there will be more."

We run downstairs following the teenagers. They can't cross the bridge yet. The side of the cave is surrounded with Mogadorians.

"What's your plan?" A human boy ask me.

I ignore him and look at Night. "Buddy, do you think you can cover us up? Like, try holding them off the bay."

Night instantly grow into a giant pterydoctyl and attack the Mogadorians on guard. She shrieks to disturb the Mogs while fighting. So we take our chance.

"Go!" I yell. The humans run towards the bridge. Clara in front of me. Some of the Mogs sees us and begins to shoot. Quickly, I use my telekinesis to keep on deflecting the bullets. Or rather, a Mogadorian energy, which looks like an actual lightning being produce by their blasters. Couple of Mogs hinder and block the exit. They attack the teenagers in front. Some know how to fight, but the others lay down on the dirt wounded.

I run to help them and use my sword to swing it against the horde of Mogs. They slice their own daggers towards me, but I dodge them.

I spread out my arms to decrease their gravitation force and suddenly, the Mogadorians float in air as if they're in space. The humans begin to run again.

Suddenly I hear an explosion behind me. I turn around and see Clara still leading the teenagers. For a moment, she accidentally kick a Mog and got his blaster. The others follow her and did the same. Some got their own weapons and fight against the Mogs.

The explosion booms again. We barely fall on our knees. I realize, someone just made the explosions to destroy the whole cave. The stalactites begin to fall, the ceilings begin to collapse.

"Hey!" A Mog calls behind me. He throws his dagger right to my chest as soon as I turn around, but I manage to dodge it. I swing my orb sword right to him but he clash his sword against mine.

"We will turn you all into dusts," I mutter, and subdued him. He turns into ashes.

Meanwhile, the Mogs floating above still have no weapons with them, so I push them higher with telekinesis until they get pinned at the stalactites.

Another squadron of Mogs appear before the exit. They shoot their blasters as I begin running. I run towards them and lunge with my sword. With the help of my telekinesis, I throw their weapons to disarm them. Pretty much the basic thing a fighter needs to do when fighting.

I increase, this time, their gravitational pull, as all of them became heavier and got stuck in the ground. I thrust my sword in each of them until they disintigrate.

"Greyson!" A hear a screm. It's Clara's voice. I run towards them and notice that the cave is already starting to collapse. She and the other teenagers look at me.

"Go for the exit!" I order. I use my telekinesis to give the other unarmed teenagers blasters. "If you see the enemy, just shoot. Now go!"

They begin running. Night is struggling with the Mogadorians. She can't hold it anymore. We need to escape now. Clara walk towards me again and gave me my pendant. It bears my symbol, emitting a faint blue glow.

"I know you need it," she says. "You're incomplete without your pendant."

I hold the pendant and wear it. For a moment, I feel spirited. "I'm still incomplete. I need you."

Clara smile and touch my hand.

Before I can smile again, half the part of the cave is already destroyed. I can't find the other Mogs above. Night sweep down and turn into an injured black cat. When I turn around, at the exit, the teenagers never made it out. The Mogs recaged them again. We are surrounded outside.

Suddenly, a shrieking noise break out from behind. Piken. The worst monsters.

"What do we do?" Clara says, her voice shivering.

"We fight," I say. She begind shooting at the Mogs, but I turn to keep the piken away. I made its gravity force heavier so it won't jump right at us again.

"GREYSOOON!" Clara screams. When I look back, the Mogs had taken her. They stop shooting, they just took her.

"Nooo!" I scream and run after them as fast as I can. I threw boulders at them with my telekinesis, but once I'm almost at the exit, the cave collapse completely. The rocks fall at me, weighing me down on the ground.

Until I lost my consciousness.