20. An Ace-Skilled Loric Part 2

(Sean's POV)

"How did you find me?" I ask Ace, my new Loric ally, as he drive his car, Marco at the back seat.

"I've been tracking down your batch, the five escape Garde," he says. "Luckily, I found you first. Or somehow I was able to."

I crunch my eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"I found someone in New York," he says. "But I was too late. When I went back for her, she's gone already."

Her? I ask myself.

"Eleven?"

He shrugs. "Who knows?" Then laughs. "The thing is, I didn't know she was really one of you, until I found another story in a local orphanage. It can't be done by a regular human."

"Hey, I don't know what you guys are talking about, but I think this is the best thing that ever happened to my life," Marco says. I feel sympathy for him. There are so many things he still need to know about us and the Mogadorians. But we can't discuss about it right away. We need to escape. Or as long as we make it out of Italy.

Ace is a really weird guy. But whenever he speaks, there is a clear sign that tells me he is indeed a Cepan. The way he talk smartly, or tell me his story.

He shared me how he came to Earth. He was part of a plan from an organization he didn't know. But like us, he experienced the Memory, which enable him to survive in the planet and lead him. He tells me that he's been hiding in Japan, and move to Europe where he got his name Francis. He hides in a protected area using technologies and computers. That way, he was able to becone incognito from Mogaodrians and untraceable.

Then the last few weeks he was able to come to New York from speculating a Garde. When he came there, he can't find the exact location until a young girl collapse in front of him. He didn't know it was the Garde he's looking for, until he walk away. When saw the news about a girl escaping an orphanage, he realized he let her go.

"Like I said, I went back to the orphanage and found this," Ace says, taking something from his jacket and shows me a pendant. It glows blinking purple and gray. It has a symbol of one of us, but I'm pretty sure it's not from Eleven.

"Her pendant," I mutter. Five moons with different sizes, intersecting with each others. This must be Five's. But Ace believes she's one of us. She must be Fifteen.

"It can allow the wearer to find and locate the other Garde through dreams and visions. That's base from my research." He glance at my chest while driving.

"And how did you know?" I ask.

"Because I studied them with my devices back home. I'm I get to check the other pendants if we found them. Where's yours?"

I look down and touch my chest. It's hidden underneath my shirt. I never remove my pendant. So I take it out and study. "You say her pendant can do something. Does that mean mine can do something too?"

He nods. "Yes, of course. And we ought to find it out."

Suddenly, Marco taps my shoulder. "Guys? I think we have a problem here..."

Ace turns his gaze into the side mirror. We see about four black vans following us. The Mogadorians followed us. This can't be good.

"What's your Legacy?" Ace ask me.

"I have flight. Yesterday I develop a thermal vision. This morning I got the red lightning emitting from my hands..."

Ace turn the wheels faster. "Axtromun."

"Axe what?"

"The red lightning. It's far different from Elecomun. Yours can also give energy to the Garde. Charge them. But red lightning is destructive and comes out from inside you. "

I look at my hands. I can feel its warmth. I can't believe meeting this Ace guy is very much useful.

"How about my visions? I have X-ray too or something."

Ace smile. "Both of those visions are almost the same. Let's say, radar vision perhaps. Just in different levels. Thermal and X-ray."

I snicker.

"Hey, uhm, I got loaded guns back there, Marco. You see it?" Ace says.

"Uhu, alien guns." Marco checks out.

"We fight. But we have to split up across the city to segment the Mogs. Open the door, Sean, and you fly out somewhere. Just... Kill them."

"Got it."

"We're ready?" Ace asks.

Marco and I nodded. "Ready."

"Well then, here goes nothing!" Ace says, stopping the wheels and turn to face the following vans. Marco takes the gun and ready while I open the door to fly. "Now!"

That's when we put into action.