Part I Chapter 2 - Birthday

***Lynett***

This is terrible.

It's been a couple of months since the Crown Prince's birthday and ever since I discovered my abnormal status, this is all I've been telling myself.

'This is not real; it has to be a joke.' That was my first reaction.

But well, being in denial doesn't help. I've re-examined my status a couple of time since then and I'm afraid it wasn't a dream. Each times, half of my stats couldn't be determined and would be indicated as "Error" except in the [Advanced Status]. Even then, I'm not sure I can trust the number of the [Advanced Status]. I mean, it is written 999 999 999, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the system had simply been overloaded.

God dammit. I want to cry. I was hoping for high stats, allowing me to use magic and I got them. But who the heck asked to become a God? Because yes, this is basically what I am right now. What else do you call an (almost) immortal being with (almost) infinite magic power that can change the laws of the World? That's a God no matter how you think about it. I expected something like this ever since I saw that the class [Administrator] had been arbitrary assigned to me but to actually have my assumption confirmed is... depressing.

So, in this world, I've been granted the title of [Goddess of All Creations] and I'm a Divine -even though this option has been locked, not sure why. Thinking about it, it actually makes sense. I mean, it's true that I was the one who created this world, of course I'd be considered a God in it. But well...

Anyway, for now, I have three options:

① The Almighty Lynett abuses her powers and takes over the world. She becomes an Evil God and decides to bring destruction, pain and death because she's bored and because it's funny.

② The Great Goddess Lynett becomes the World's Savior. She uses her powers to transform the World in a land of peace and happiness, without wars, starvations and diseases.

③ Little Lyni decides that she saw nothing. She abandons her responsibilities as a Goddess and continues to live a 100% perfectly carefree life.

My choice was almost immediate: option ③ of course.

Though, I must admit I was quite tempted to pick the option ①. I mean, honestly, we all dreamt at some point in our life to become a villain, acting however we wanted without being restricted by responsibilities or morals. Instead of becoming a hero, leading the life of a bad guy seems much more interesting. But well, I'm not so heartless that I would bring destruction only for my self-pleasure. This is reality after all, it's not a game. I was raised with morals.

Uhm? Option ② you say? Don't joke around. Only a fool would want to follow the path of a hero. People would put their hopes on you. Becoming everyone's attention, with the weight of the whole world on your shoulders, you had to live up to their expectations. Failures wouldn't be accepted. To act as the symbol of hope, what kind of pressure is that? No, no way, absolutely not. I already died once, I'm not going to waste my second life living for the others. Egoistic, you say? That's fine by me. This is the human nature after all.

So I turned a blind eye. I have seen nothing, I know nothing. I am Lynett Maedis, aka Lyni, a perfectly normal human baby –well, half human baby.

However, it seems that leading an ordinary life is harder than I thought.

Fortunately, other people can't see my status. Apparently, only I can see people or objects' status, since I have access to the [World System]. That's a relief. Otherwise, my lovely ordinary life would have been gone in a second. However, I'm still quite different from most people.