Are you really here?

Kokichi had been in his room for the last few days. He didn't want to move, he didn't want to do anything. No-one checked in on him because no one cared. Shuichi is the only one who cares, he was...Kokichi had given up. He knew that Shuichi wasn't ever going to return, he saw him die. He was lost in thought when an announcement appeared on the monitor by Monokuma and his MonoCubs. 

"Everyone made your way to the gym!" The bear chimed, "There is a special announcement!" 

Kokichi seriously couldn't be asked to go but he had been in his room for ages and regrettably decided he had to go outside. He wasn't planning on talking to anyone or dong anything that required effort, he was thinking a lot like Himiko.

He dragged himself out of his room and made his way to the Gym. He was the last one there and was greeted by angry looks from everyone else but he didn't care. There was only one person he cared for and that was Shuichi Saihara.

Kokichi tried to force a smile, trying to look like his old self but he couldn't. He just couldn't. He didn't have the energy to lie anymore, he really missed him and no one would understand or believe him. He just couldn't go on. 

Monokuma clumsily made his way to the podium and clambered onto it. Once he was on top of the podium, he cleared his voice, "You all came, awww I should be flattered" Monokuma joked, "Anyways, I have an announcement." 

Everyone was staring at Monokuma expecting Kokichi who was looking at his toes, he just couldn't look at the bear that took Shuichi away from him. 

Kokichi looked awful, he had bags under his eyes  just looked exceptionally tired. His eyes were drooping and he was abnormally pale, maybe because he couldn't eat or sleep due to Shuichi's death. His hair was exceptionally messy and his face was one of pure defeat. 

But he didn't care

But he didn't care. 

He didn't care what the others thought of him. 

He wasn't listening to Monokuma, he was probably just blabbering on about something unimportant and he didn't care. The only thing that mattered to him was Shuichi. He wished that he could bury these feelings he had, to stop his emotional suffering.

Kokichi didn't know how much time had passed, it could of been hours or it could of been minutes. Time didn't really matter anymore, his time with Shuichi was over before it had even begun. 

Kokichi looked up. 

That's when he saw him. 

Kokichi's face lit up, he was standing right there surrounded by everyone else who had been in the Gym before. Monokuma appeared behind him, making him jump. "I agree with you Kokichi, my ratings will be higher if I let him live." The bear sighed.

"How! I saw him die!" Kokichi expressed, still startled.

"The 'how' part is up to me" Monokuma cackled, "I have ways." And just like that, Monokuma vanished.