Definition.

Kaito told Maki what had happened between Shuichi and Kokichi.

Her face didn't really change but she was trained to not show emotions on the outside. On the inside she was obviously shocked. She was surprised. She didn't think that Kokichi and Shuichi would ever... And yet they did. It was weird to Maki, she had been trained to ignore feelings for almost her entire teenage years, to not trust anyone and to definitely not create any close relationships with anyone as it would be dangerous. Still, she kept a blank face. 

"Are they in a relationship then?" Maki queried, "You didn't specify." 

Kaito thought to himself then said, "I don't know Maki roll, they didn't tell me." 

Maki rolled her eyes. "Stop calling me Maki roll." 

Shuichi walked into the room accompanied by Tsumugi. Shuichi was telling Tsumugi about his uncle and Tsumugi was telling Shuichi about her journey as a cosplayer and all the jobs she had to do to be able to see support he career. Shuichi seemed really happy and Tsumugi seemed more relaxed around him that before. When Tsumugi saw Maki and Kaito, she ran over and excitedly greeted them both, Shuichi took a deep breath and joined Tsumugi to talk to Kaito and Maki. Kaito started talking, "So, Tsumugi..." Kaito's voice started to trail off in Shuichi's head as he could just blatantly see Maki staring at him. 

"What's going on with Maki.." "Why is she staring at me like that.?" "It's like she's analysing me." Shuichi thought to himself before realising.

"Damn it Kaito."

Kaito was still talking to Tsumugi when Shuichi snapped out of his trance. Maki was still staring at him and Shuichi shot an angry glance towards Kaito but he was too busy talking to Tsumugi to notice. "I'm going to go.." Shuichi said nervously, wanting to tell Kokichi that Maki obviously knew. 

As Shuichi was walking away, Maki turned to him and said clearly, "Why are you spending so much time with Kokichi lately?" 

Shuichi stopped and turned around. He tried not to show any emotion but was stressing. "Me and Kokichi are exactly like you and Kaito." Shuichi spoke back.

Maki and Kaito were surprised by Shuichi's comment. They looked at each other and then at Shuichi who was smiling normally. "Yeah, you guys are friends!" Tsumugi chimed in.

"Uh-huh" Shuichi replied calmly, "I would stay but I've got things to do." 

Shuichi walked off. Kaito shot Maki an angry look then chased after his friend. Maki was surprisingly stirred by Kaito's look to her. She shouldn't care what he were to think of her and yet she did. She never really felt guilt but this time it was different. She just needed to get her thoughts together..that would sort it. Maki turned around and when she started to leave, Tsumugi caught her arm. "Where are you going?" Tsumugi chimed, happily. Maki wasn't sure so she just replied, "Bye" and walked off, leaving Tsumugi alone. 

Shuichi stormed down the corridor, almost breaking into a run. He tried to keep as calm as he could but he was angry. Angry with Kaito. Angry for trusting him. 

Kaito thundered down the corridor. And called out to Shuichi. Shuichi heard but continued to pace. Kaito continued to follow him. The further Shuichi walked, the faster Kaito chased after him. Eventually Kaito caught Shuichi by the shoulder and dragged him back. Shuichi normally slouched in his stance but he was standing tall to match Kaito's height. 

"Hey Shuichi, you sure walk fast ey?" Kaito exclaimed, tired. 

Shuichi continued to face away from Kaito. He didn't reply. 

He was so angry. 

"Hey why ain't you talking to me?" Kaito questioned.

"You had no right.." Shuichi muttered. 

"You're gonna have to speak up a bit." Kaito exclaimed, "I can't hear you." 

Shuichi started to clench his fists. He had never felt so angry in his entire life. He wasn't a fighter but he was desperately trying to restrain himself. 

"You had no right to tell her." Shuichi managed to blurt out. 

"Sorry mate, I didn't think you'd mind." Kaito shrugged, "Yeah but it really doesn't matter right?  I'll learn for next time!"

That was it. "Doesn't really matter? Are you f*cking kidding me right now?" Shuichi snapped. He managed to build his right hand into a tight fist, span around to face Kaito and swiping with all his might. 

A loud thud echoed down the hallway. 

He had hit Kaito straight in the face, making him stumble to the ground. Shuichi instantly realised what he had done. 

Shuichi had never punched someone before and it unexpectedly really hurt his hand. He didn't know whether the right choice was to punch Kaito or not but it probably wasn't the wisest decision he had ever made. He had never really lost his temper like that before, or sworn out loud. He could normally hold in his emotions but this time, he didn't know whether it was something to do with Kokichi or something else but he completely lost it.

"Kaito...I'm..really sorry.." Shuichi apologised frantically.

"I should go.." Shuichi panicked, before running to the dorm rooms. 

Maki appeared in the corridor. As soon as she saw Kaito she pelted towards him, filled with a different emotion..she didn't know what it was. She rushed to Kaito's side and started to help him. "Who did this?" 

Kaito didn't reply. He understood why Shuichi hit him and he sure did punch hard but Kaito realised exactly why he did it and that Shuichi probably wasn't used to being in a relationship, if that's even what him and Kokichi were in. And also, they were in a killing game. They didn't know when they would spend their last moments with each other... 

"WHO DID THIS?" Maki shouted.

"No-one, I just tripped." Kaito replied calmly before standing up and dusting himself off.

"Come on Maki roll." Kaito said, placing his hand on Maki's shoulder, "Lets go." 

Maki normally pushed Kaito away but this time she gave in and let him rest on her. Kaito started to walk away and Maki went with him. 

Shuichi ran to the dorms and decided to hide in Kokichi's room. He was sure that Kokichi wouldn't mind. He ran to the door and opened it. "Shouldn't it be locked?" Shuichi thought to himself. 

Panick flooded Shuichi's mind. He ran through the room, which was surprisingly messy, searching for Kokichi. He couldn't find him. 

Shuichi started calling Kokichi's name over and over again but there was no answer. Shuichi kept on running but eventually stopped. 

"Shuichi..what..are you..doin...here.?" Kokichi yawned.

Shuichi looked relieved. "Thank god nothing had happened to him." 

"So..." Kokichi yawned, puzzled "What are you doing here?" 

"Ah..nothing..don't worry." Shuichi muttered in reply. 

Shuichi suddenly remembered about his hand which was bright red after punching Kaito. His hand was bleeding slightly but he was trying to hide it. Kokichi looked at him.

"Why did you come here?" Kokichi shrugged, "Its a nice surprise but.." 

Kokichi spotted Shuichi's fist that he was hiding behind his back. Kokichi started to walk over to Shuichi and Shuichi started to become more nervous. Kokichi suddenly grabbed out and caught Shuichi's hand.

"What...happened to him?.."