Keys and revelations.

It wasn't long before Kyoko's car arrived to pick them up. 

When they got inside, they smiled to each other but they didn't talk as they had other things on their minds. Kokichi was thinking about Himiko's sudden death and whether Shuichi was safe working the case, that he could get injured or even killed.. 

Shuichi on the other hand was looking out the window, cradling the key he picked up from the table. He was wondering when to ask him, it had only been around a hour since they had gotten back together and Shuichi didn't want to mess anything up, maybe asking Kokichi to move in with him was not the best idea...

Shuichi couldn't make up his mind. It really was too soon, wasn't it? They'd dated before though, but did that time count or did things reset? It had been 7 years in-between but they had never stopped looking for one another despite everything that had happened. 

Shuichi was snapped out of haze when he felt Kokichi's hand curl around his. Shuichi's face instantly blushed when Kokichi turned to him and smiled. 

"I'm going to ask him." Shuichi convinced himself. He lost Kokichi once before and he never wanted to loose him again. He just needed to pluck up the courage and ask. 

"Hey Kokichi?..."Shuichi asked.

Kokichi looked at him, "Yeah, what is it?" 

Shuichi's pulse was racing. "Do you want t—" 

Shuichi was interrupted by Kokichi saying, "Oh look, we're here already." 

Sure enough, they were there. Shuichi sighed as he put the key back in his pocket but Kokichi noticed and grabbed his hand. "Hey, what's that?" 

Shuichi's grip loosened on the key and he awkwardly opened his hand, showing the shiny silver key to Kokichi. "A key? What's that for?" 

Shuichi needed to get himself together, he wasn't a teenager with a crush anymore. He was an adult with an amazing boyfriend... "It's a key for my apartment," Shuichi smiled, his pulse racing, "I want you to move in with me." 

"M..ove..I..n..? Kokichi stuttered, shocked that Shuichi asked. 

"Yes..." Shuichi replied anxiously.

"With you....you want that?..." 

"I wouldn't of asked if I didn't.." 

Kokichi started shaking, he was so shocked. "Of course I'll move in with you, stupid.." 

Shuichi's face lit up, he went to kiss Kokichi but was interrupted by the car door opening, Kyoko and Makoto standing outside it. Shuichi pulled away instinctively.

"Saihara, it's good to see you again." Kyoko spoke professionally.

Kokichi and Shuichi started to get out of the car, to greet the pair. When they were out, Kyoko spoke up, "Who is this?" pointing at Kokichi. 

"Uhh, this is Kokichi Oma.." Shuichi replied, stuttering slightly. 

"Oma, I recognise that name." Kyoko spoke, thinking aloud to herself. 

"I might be mistaken but were you in the killing game controlled by Tsumugi Shirogane?" Kyoko suddenly blurted out, unlike her normal self. 

"Uhh..yes, I was.." Kokichi replied nervously. 

"Ah, I'm sorry that was unprofessional of me." Kyoko apologised.

Makoto spoke up, "Should we head inside?" 

Kyoko turned to him and nodded causing him to smile. "Yeah, let's go inside, we have to work on the case." 

Kyoko and Makoto went inside the building, leaving Shuichi and Kokichi alone.

Shuichi looked at Kokichi, who looked incredibly nervous, and smiled at him supportivly. "Hey, it'll be fine, we'll do this together." 

"What if I mess up? Or disappoint you?" Kokichi asked awkwardly. 

"Disappoint me? That will never happen, it's impossible." Shuichi reassured, making Kokichi blush slightly.

Shuichi gently kissed Kokichi on the cheek then ushered him into the building. Kokichi then followed him, still nervous but slightly reassured. He had never seen Shuichi working on a case before and he had no idea how what he would be like. 

When they went inside the building, Kyoko and Makoto were already at the office table which had all the details of the case spread across it. Shuichi and Kokichi walked to the table and crowded around it. "Have you told Oma about the case details?" Kyoko spoke up, across the table. 

"I know that Himiko was killed." Kokichi spoke up.

Kyoko turned to him and looked at him with an icy gaze. "I was asking Saihara, not you." 

Shuichi instinctively defended him, "Don't speak to him like that." 

Kyoko instantly turned to face Shuichi in shock, she didn't expect him to speak up against her but she did realise that she might of been a bit harsh so she decided to apologise, "You're right, I shouldn't of acted like that. I apologise." 

The situation was awkward, Kokichi had walked over to Shuichi and was now standing by his side when Kyoko was standing at the other side of the table with her arms crossed. "Come on guys, we should get on with the case." Makoto said cheerfully, breaking the silence. 

"Sounds good." Shuichi replied. 

Shuichi started to scan through the case and after Kyoko have Kokichi another sharp stare, she started to scan through the case as well, leaving Kokichi and Makoto standing awkwardly around. 

"Hey, Oma do you want a drink of something?" Makoto asked. 

"I want to help on the case, if that's okay.." Kokichi replied. 

"I've found that if we leave them alone to work, it works better." Makoto insisted, "That's the case with Kyoko anyway." 

Kokichi shifted uncomfortably then looked at Shuichi who was already fully absorbed in the case and sighed. Makoto looked at Kokichi and saw the way he was looking at Shuichi. "Is there something going on between you and Saihara?" 

Kokichi was caught off guard and turned to face Makoto quickly, almost like he was caught in the act of something. "What? Uhh.." 

"How long have you been going out then?" Makoto smiled, "I promise I won't tell Kyoko." 

"Well...Uhh...A few days..I guess..?" Kokichi asked. "We dated for a long time back in the killing game but we were separated after we were released.."

"Huh, it's serious then?" Makoto chirped.

"Yeah, it is.." Kokichi replied, glancing over at Shuichi.

Kyoko suddenly darted up from the case, like she had just realised something. She rumabed around the desk then turned to Shuichi and delicately placed a document on the table in the space in front of him. Shuichi started to scan over the document but after a few minutes, his face lit up with anger. "This can't be real." 

"Saihara, I know this is hard but we won't let anything happen to you or your friends." 

Shuichi put the piece of paper down and stormed out of the room, shaking from whatever he had read. 

Kokichi instantly ran after him, worried that he had just stormed out the room. 

Makoto turned to Kyoko who had her head pointed towards the ground which was unusual as she never did that. "What's wrong?" 

Kyoko muttered, still looking at the floor, "I was unaware that 3 months ago, Tsumugi Shirogane was broken out of prison by her allies." 

"Who's that again?" Makoto asked, slightly more innocently than expected. 

"Tsumugi is..Shuichi Saihara's captor, the one who inprisoned him within the killing game." 

"Oh crap..she could of killed Himiko?" Makoto sighed.

"She could be killing them off one by one.." Kyoko growled, "We need to act fast Makoto, otherwise they are guaranteed to die."