Dates

They all stood in Shuichi's office not breaking the silence. 

"This is awkward.." Shuichi thought.

"I should say somethin'!" Kaito thought.

"Crap,crap,crap,crap,crap,crap,crar,crap." Maki thought.

Kaito walked into the room proudly then stood right next to Maki as normal. "So, Maki roll...I mean Maki!" Kaito exclaimed, "I know you don't like that nickname!" 

Shuichi was giggling to himself slightly but Maki swiftly and subtly jabbed him in the stomach causing him to fall slightly. 

"Shuichi, you alright? What happened?" Kaito asked curiously. 

Shuichi managed to stand up slowly then tried to prove to Kaito that he was okay by smiling and waving at him but Kaito didn't buy it.

"Shuichi, Seriously what happened?" Kaito questioned. 

"I don't really know, I'm pretty clumsy...that's probably what happened." Shuichi replied.

Kaito thought for a minute then decided to believe his friend. "Ha, Yeah." 

Kaito then turned to face Maki and was puzzled, "Maki, uhh...why are you here with Shuichi...I didn't think you guys were getting along." 

"Maki came to talk to me and we sorted it out." Shuichi replied. 

"Is that right?" Kaito grinned, "Well that's great! The gang back together again." 

Shuichi laughed to himself then turned to shrug at Maki who was staring at him. Shuichi knew that Maki would never have another opportunity to tell Kaito. 

"Maki wanted to tell you that she likes you." Shuichi stated.

Maki instantly headed over to Shuichi to punch him but she was stopped by Kaito. "You like me Maki roll?" 

Maki turned to face Kaito and nodded. 

"Let's go then!" Kaito exclaimed excitedly, dragging Maki out of the office. 

"Wha—-" Maki shouted.

"I'm taking you out for our date Maki roll!" Kaito shouted as he dragged Maki from the building unintentionally leaving Shuichi alone. 

Shuichi sighed. 

He got himself together and started working on a case he had been given recently. He looked at his watch, 1:32pm. He had been talking to Maki and Kaito for ages but he needed to close the case. 

After a few hours, Shuichi was tying up the loose ends of the case and therefore was sending off the necessary emails and calling the necessary people to notify them that the case was solved. He didn't really know why he had such a natural skill for Detective work or how he had that skill but it was a useful skill, the feeling of closing a case was so elating but his favourite part was when he got to tell people the good news. 

Shuichi was on the phone telling a middle-aged couple that their child had been found after them being gone for 12 years due to a childhood kidnapping.

"I've called the police and they have confirmed, they have your daughter and she's safe." Shuichi told the family. 

"Are you serious Detective? She's....safe..?" 

"Yes, they've got her. She's alright." Shuichi replied down the phone. 

"Are you in your office right now Detective?" 

"I am, do you need something?" He repiled nicely. 

"WAIT THERE." The family shouted down the phone before hanging up.

"Hello?....Hello???...." 

Shuichi laughed gently to himself then put the phone down on his office table. "What did they mean by, Wait there?" 

He was just happy to hear their voices and reactions when he told them. Shuichi walked to his desk and decided to start to get his stuff and head out for some lunch. He got his coat from the coat rack and put it on then started to tidy away all his documents. 

Kokichi was outside the building where Shuichi's office was wondering whether he should go in and surprise him for lunch. He had been wondering whether to go in for around half an hour now and people were starting to look at him suspiciously. He needed to make a decision soon.

"That's it. I'm going in." 

Kokichi made his way to the door of the building when he was knocked into by a family of around 3 people. "Sorry!" They all exclaimed before rushing into the building. Kokichi rolled his eyes, took a deep breath and headed into the building after them.

As soon as he was inside the building, he started heading towards Shuichi's office full of nerves. When he looked inside the room, he saw Shuichi surrounded by the same family who had crashed into him earlier. "I wonder what's going on.."  

As Kokichi walked closer to the room, he started to hear what they were talking about. Kokichi stopped just outside the door frame as he didn't want to interrupt anything important. He could hear the conversation from inside the room. 

"Detective, I will never be able to repay you enough..." The woman cried, "You found my daughter when no one else could...thank you.." 

She then ran to Shuichi and hugged him tightly, followed but the son. The father, of the now found girl, didn't hug Shuichi but was instead shook his hand and spoke from the heart. "You know what Detective, you're amazing. You've fixed our hearts and completed our family, I can never thank you enough for bringing my little baby girl home..."

Then he broke down crying and Shuichi started to tear up, something that he hardly ever did anymore. 

The son, around 14 years old piped up, "You've brought my baby sister home...thank you, Detective." The son smiled, "There aren't enough people like you out there." 

Shuichi wiped the tears away from his eyes but they kept on coming. 

The family started to leave but before they left the mother asked something. One of the easiest but hardest questions she could have asked. "Do you have someone you love?" 

Shuichi wiped away another tear then took a deep breath and answered the question. 

"Yes, I think so." 

The woman smiled, "You deserve it Detective Saihara." "Thank you for everything..."

The family then left the building leaving Shuichi in his office full of emotions. 

Kokichi suddenly realised what an impact Shuichi had on people. He changed lives and helped everyone who he could. How did someone so amazing like Shuichi put up with someone like him... He was amazing and Kokichi didn't deserve him. 

Shuichi attempted to reduce the redness around his eyes where he had been crying and after a few attempts, he succeeded. Shuichi picked up his scarf and started to leave the office.

Kokichi stood behind the door wanting to say something to Shuichi but he was way too nervous. Shuichi came out the office and just as Kokichi thought he blew his chance, Shuichi turned to face him. "I saw you lurking." 

Kokichi blushed lightly but it was still visible for Shuichi to see. He laughed. 

"You can stop that, stop laughing." Kokichi sulked. 

"What?" Shuichi laughed, "You still blush, it's cute." 

Shuichi laughed nervously. "I just said he was cute..." 

Kokichi was smiling, "He said I was cute..."