Chapter 6

** Victoria's POV **

"Victoria." I heard just as I stepped out of the elevator at the hospital. "Good to see you."

"Hello doctor." I smiled as I saw him just leaving my mom's room. "How is she?"

"Good." He smiled closing his folder. "Pretty good actually since the incident." He said the last part slowly. "I'm sorry about that again."

"It's okay. It's not like it was anyone's fault." I smiled. "I'll go see her now." I said walking around him.

"Wait." He called and I faced him again. "Someone came to visit her this morning."

"Someone? Who?" I asked confused.

"A man. She didn't give a name, just said 'he'. But he brought her flowers. But there was no note."

"A man? Did anyone see him?" I asked.

"No, which is confusing because you are the only one on the list. But I told the security about it. It won't happen again."

"Cameras?"

"He was wearing a hoody, Victoria. We're sorry."

I let out a shaky breath. "But she's okay, right?"

"Yes she is. Don't worry."

I nodded and just opened her door. I walked in and my eyes directly went to the flowers on her nightstand.

"The demon's child came to see me." My mom's voice snapped me out of my trance. "I have two visits today."

"These are beautiful flowers." I smiled walking toward her to her usual spot close to the window. "Who gave them to you?"

"You don't know?" She asked in whisper. "He gave them to me."

"Who?" I asked again sitting on her bed facing her.

"Him." She said looking at me. "You don't know him?"

"No not really." I said softly. "What's his name?"

"Name? It's him."

I let out a breath. I wish he could just tell me a name. My mom doesn't know anyone. It has always been just the two of us.

She doesn't know anyone. So would come visit her with flowers.

"The black cat gave them to me."

Huh?

****

** Third person **

"It's official, Mr. Knight." The lawyer said with a big smile placing a paper in front of his client. "Tomorrow, you will be a free man."

"Good. Did you contact my brother?"

"Yes. He will be here tomorrow."

Kevin nodded.

"But are you sure you don't want me to let the Knight family know?"