Chapter 55

"I'm thinking about what I'm gonna do to him." Steve said looking outside as Hunter started speeding up.

"Make him watch titanic until he goes nuts." He proposed making a left turn.

"Very funny. Is that what happened to you?" He smiled glancing at his friend.

"You have no idea how many times I've been forced to watch Titanic in my fucking life." Hunter asked causing Steve to let out a laugh.

"Marriage is a room with no exit. You better suck it up."

"You were in it too, before everything happened. And when do you plan on telling Victoria the truth?" He asked briefly glancing at him.

"I don't plan on telling her anything."

"Why not?"

"It would bring confusion and instability. She's happy. That's all I want." He said still looking outside.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah." He sighed. "She has a stable life and I don't want to ruin anything. She thinks I'm dead, let's just keep it that way."

His daughter has the stability he wanted for her and although his wife had seen him and knew he was still alive. Her mind didn't allow her to distinguish the truth for her hallucinations. So she would just mumble and tell truths that people often don't take seriously.

"You should tell her. Rose knows you're alive, but she's confused with her own mind and most of the things she says are not taken seriously." Hunter said looking at him briefly. "But you can tell Victoria. She likes you. Didn't you notice earlier?"

"I know. It's my fault. I knew my life was too dangerous to have a family. I was stupid. But I want them to have as much stability as possible."

"I understand. But whatever you decide, I'll be there for you and for them." Hunter assured looking at the empty road.

"Thank you. For taking my daughter in."

"Like I said, I didn't know she was your daughter until last year. She made it all on her own. You can be proud." He paused before laughing lightly. "If only the kids remembered the first time they met. Vicky was two years old, right?"

Steve nodded with a chuckle. "Yep. But they were too young to remember. Victoria could barely form full sentences. And they only met once. If you tell them, you're gonna have to explain how you know me, Vicky's father."

"I wasn't going to. Even My wife only remembered that day when I told her about you a few days ago." Hunter said parking that car.

Steve nodded as the question about his daughter and Jason came to mind again and it always did since he found out they were engaged.

Missing his daughter's life to that point just only made his anger against Donovan stronger. And he let it. He fed that anger and he plan on taking it out on him.

"How did Jason and my daughter start. I hope it's not a habit for him to get it on with employees." Steve asked getting out of the car.

"What do you take my son for?" Hunter did the same and walked around the car.

"I'm just asking." She shrugged as they walked to the empty warehouse. "If I leave my daughter with someone, I gotta make sure he won't be playing games."

"I'll beat his ass myself if he does. Victoria is a part of us, even if she doubts it sometimes." Hunter said opening the metal doors.

"I trust you. But I don't like her getting married this young."