Chapter 28

"Are you okay?" Jason asked as soon as he started the car.

I nodded slowly leaning my head against the window.

"Enough with the silent treatment." He groaned grabbing my hand.

He tucked at my hand when I still didn't answer.

I can  feel how agitated he is, but I'm just trying to teach him a lesson. Just because I need him in my life, doesn't mean that I cannot be mad at him.

"You're so annoying. Do you want me to take you home?" He asked and I shook my head.

He tightened his hold on my hand lightly.

"Then what do you want me to do? Talk to me."

I stayed silent still looking. That will certainly teach him.

"Victoria." He said obviously getting angry. "I said I was sorry. What else do you want me to say?

Nothing. I just want to push your buttons, like you pushed mine.

That's how mature I am.

I let out a gasp holding onto my seatbelt tightly when he abruptly hit the brakes.
I wanted to yell at him, but stopped myself before a word came out of my mouth.

He had parked the car on the side of the road and I watched as a few cars drive past us.

I let out a squeal, when he grabbed my arms pulling me to his lap. Once again I bit my tongue to keep myself from yelling at him.
So all I did was cross my arm over my chest keeping a straight face.

"Say something, for fuck's sake." He groaned and I tightened my lips together even more.

He let out a defeated sigh and tightly wrapped his arms around me, before resting his head on my shoulder.
I smiled to myself knowing that he couldn't see my face right now.

It took everything in me not to wrap my arms around him, but I stood my ground some more. He buried his face into my neck and I tightened my grip on my arms, as his hot breath hit my skin.

"You're going to make me loose my mind." I heard him say after a few minutes.

"I can say the same about you."

As the words left my mouth, he immediately lifted his head, to look at me with a grin. But his smile turned into a glare at the sight of the mocking smile I had on my face.

"Don't play like that."

"So don't lie to me again." I said uncrossing my arms and finally wrapping them around his neck.

He kissed my cheek earning a smile from me. "I won't."

I ran my hands through his hair making a content sigh leave him. "Now buy me ice cream. And we'll be all good. I think that was the second reason I left my house in the first place."

"Fine." He started the car again and quickly move off him and went back to my seat. "Why did you move?"

"You can't drive with me on your lap."

"Yes I can."

"I don't want us to get into a car accident."

He grabbed my hand once more and started driving.

If only Kevin's revelations could leave my head.

I wish I could talk to my mom, and ask her questions. But I don't think she would answer me properly. She would probably ignore me, or speak in codes. I wouldn't understand anything either way.

Even before she started changing, she never talked about it.

"I don't need you to worry about those stuff, Victoria. I won't be here forever, and I want to be sure that you'll be okay. I need you to study hard and to be okay. Always."

That's what she would always tell me. So after some years, I just stopped asking. One reason was because of her words.
Another reason was the pain that was always present in her eyes every time I mentioned him.

"I don't care about your mother."

Kevin tells me that he doesn't care about my mother, but cares about me. I honestly don't want to associate myself with people who don't care about my mother.

But appart from my mother, he seems to be the only person that knew my father well enough to answer my question.

And maybe I should just let this go. But my curiosity is getting the best of me. Kevin told me things I always wanted to know, making me want to know more.

But like I said, he can't tell me that he doesn't care about the people in my life, and pretend to care about me.

The Knights.

My mother.

He would hurt me by hurting them.

"You are giving me a headache with all your thinking."

I laughed lightly at Jason's voice, and turned my head to look at him. "I was just-"

"Thinking about Kevin. I know." He nodded. "Victoria, you really can't trust him. The man is a pathological liar. He tricked our family for over twenty years. He just likes to hurt to hurt people. He doesn't even need to have a goal."

I nodded slightly. "I understand."

"I'll help you find anything you know, and I won't hide anything from you anymore. As long as you stay the hell away from him. Or I'll have you followed again. And I don't care about what you want."

****

** Third Person **

"What happened?" Donovan asked as soon as his brother walked through the door.

"Nothing much. I told her what she needed to know." He paused taking his jacket off. "The poor girl was in the dark. Everyone was hiding everything from her. Even people, like the Knights, who have no business in her past."

"So you, my bother, out of the goodness of your heart, decided to bring her into the light." Donovan said in a sarcastic tone earning a glare from his brother.

"Yes."

"That's it?"

"Yes. That's it." Kevin groaned dropping on the couch. "You know what they say about trust. She may forgive Jason now, but if she asks him another question, she always have a second thought about his answer. That's how trust it works. I'm just waiting for her to need me. I gave her my number."

"What makes you think she'll call."

Kevin just shrugged not answering.

"What about Rose?"

"Leave her for now. I don't need her yet. We need to take our time for this. Jason will probably think that we are targeting Victoria. But I don't have any business with her."

Donovan nodded and sat down. "So?"

"I just want to cut whatever ties she has with the Knights."

"So what now? You want to spare her?"

"She is Steve's daughter. We harm her, the man will come back to haunt us. He used to call her his flowers. He couldn't stand Rose, but he loved Victoria. So no harm will come to her. We just need our money, for us and your kids."

"After taking the money, what happens?"

"We kill Hunter."