Chapter 63

"Hello." I smiled wrapping my arms tightly around Jason, as soon as he walked through the front door.

"You look happy to see me." He smirked before moving my arms around burying his face into my shoulder.

I nodded loosening my arms a little. "I am happy to see you. I missed you."

He pulled away looking down at me with a small smile before placing his lips on mine briefly. "You just saw me yesterday."

"But I just missed you. I don't know why." I shrugged. "I'm used to seeing you at the office during the day, but now I'm on vacation."

"Well it's obvious you're on vacation. That building is sad without you." He said as I moved away from him and walked to the living room.

"Really?"

He nodded following behind me. "And you're not there to bring me my coffee."

"Tony is there."

"Seeing Tom walk into my office to bring me coffee won't make my mornings better." He sighed sitting on the couch as I sat on the other one.

"Aw. You miss me."

He shrugged raising an eyebrow at me. "Why are you all the way over there? Come closer." He said mentioning me over and I shook my head slowly.

"No. My hair won't be dry for hours and the oil will ruin your suit if it touches it."

He stood up and walked toward me. "I don't care." He said picking me up and walking back to the couch before dropping us on it. "I missed you."

I shrugged before smiling up at him. "I would have warned you." I said resting my side against him. "My dad wants to officially meet you." I said.

"Okay. When?" He asked and I raised my eyebrows at him.

"I'll ask him." I said before grinning. "Are you nervous?"

He grabbed my legs pulling them on his lap before wrapping an arm around my shoulders. "No."

I frowned grabbing his hand to intertwine my fingers with his.

"Why not?" I couldn't keep the whining tone in my voice and he smiled looking down at me with a raised eyebrow. "I want you to experience what you've been putting Elena's boyfriends into."

"Even if I wanted to be scared, my pride wouldn't allow me." He said smirking lightly. "And what reason would I have to be scared. He won't kill me and I'm not scared of guns. So, what?"

I scoffed at his words and his lips turned into a smile.

"And he wouldn't trust me to take care of his annoying daughter if I ran away from him." He murmured while rubbing his nose against my cheek.

I nodded at his words.

"I guess I should be the one freaking out then." I said remembering how Steve called Hunter a softie. "Can I ask you something?" I asked in a lower voice.

"Mhm."

"Is it weird that I've accepted things so easily?"

He looked down at me questioningly. "Your father?" He asked and I nodded. "No, it's not weird. Your father didn't abandon you. He really couldn't be here. So, you could have been mad at the circumstances or the people who caused his disappearance. But it wouldn't be fair to be mad at him. Not after everything he's been through to see you and your mother again."

I nodded in understanding. He's right. I don't know the whole story. But I know that he's been through some things even if he doesn't want to talk about it. And I also know that he would have been here if he could.