Chapter 11: Aura Training

I lifted my head and looked at scatty and she grinned devilishly. "This is your punishment for leaving the house like i told you not to." She says and i look at her agitated. "It wasn't my fault i was outside! Death brought me outside! I was passed out!" I argue and look at her as she crosses her arms. "Well fine then...unless you think your ready to continue." She says and looks down at me and i think for a moment and take off the amulet. I stand up full with energy and nod. "I'm ready." I reply with a serious and determined look on my face. She nods and takes my arm. "Come with me then." She says grabbing a pair of swords and a couple of books, the amulet and a basket of food. "Lets go...were heading to the forest." She says and i shortly follow behind her. 

We walk through the forest not too far past the mountains and i help her with the load and follow. "Where are we going?" I ask slightly tired from the walk. "You'll see when we get there." She replied over her shoulder and keeps walking. I groan and drag my feet behind me and trip on a branch and launch myself forward. Scatty doesn't notice i fall and keeps going. "Agk..." I wince and look to my left and right then in front of me and lose sight of scatty. "Well dammit..." I exclaim and hear rustling and look to my right to see a pair of eyes staring at me. Large and orange and it breaths out and pushes my hair back and i cough smelling its breath and scoot back. I get to my feet and brush myself off and look closer at the eyes and the head pops forward and its the head of a dragon. I stumble back and catch a tree behind me. It gets closer to me and i lean back against the tree as it smells me and snuffs a cloud of smoke in my face. I cough and look at it as it turns its head at me and steps back lifting its head higher. I see its whole body as it steps into the light, its scales gleaming a crimson red and scar marks over its body making it look masculine. I walk up to it as it stands tall and courageous. I reach out and it doesn't flinch at my touch and i feel down its neck and chest down to its back and wings. "So majestic." I comment and it huffs looking at me and i smile admiring it. I lower my hand as it steps back and rubs its head against my chest and steps back into the darkness. I watch it disappear and see a figure standing in the shadows where it was. "Hey! You there!" I ask reaching out and it disappears as well. I sigh and stop in my tracks and look around and grab the things i dropped. I hear scatty calling for me and i run toward her voice. I see her in sight and give a sigh of relief and smile catching up to her. "Are you purposely trying to get away from me?" She says having the stuff she carried by her side as she tapped her foot and crossed her arms. I sigh and shake my head looking at her. "No i tripped and you didn't notice and i lost you." I explained and she sighed and took the stuff i was carrying and set it down. I didn't risk telling about a dragon in her forest so i let it be. She smirked and stepped to the side showing where we were. "We're here." She says and a massive clearing is shown with a lake in the middle and the trees bending to provide coverage but the sun rays still shine through and the branches form a platform in the middle of the lake and i admire the sight. "It's so surreal!" I proclaim and look at her and walk around. She pulls out the swords and sticks them into the ground and pulls out the books flipping through them. "Now we just have to wait for my friend." She said and i turn around to look at her confused. "Who?" I ask and once the word leaves my mouth something huge lands behind me. I jump and turn around to see a full sized dragon land with a rider on its back. I look up at the magical creature as it's colored with an assortment of blues. It was different then the dragon i saw before. "W-what?!" I say surprised stepping back. "This is Eragon the dragon rider and his dragon Saphira." She explains as eragon steps down from the saddle and lands on the ground. He walks up to us and smiles. "So this is who you have been telling me about. Mavis correct?" He asks lifting my hand and kissing the back of it. I feel my cheeks heat up and look at him surprised. He grins against my skin and lets go and turns to scatty. "Well i'm here, what shall we do first?" He asks her and she smiles looks at me then him. "Elven words should be a great start. The elements to be exact." She says to him and he nods turning to me taking my hand and walking me to the middle of the field. "No need to worry this isn't gonna kill you. Unless you say something you shouldn't. I'm here to teach you through how to control and use your aura or what humans say 'magic'. First focus, feel every muscle, every heartbeat, every fiber in your being and imagine it going to the edge of your body creating a silhouette around you." He explains and i stand there in a steady stance, closing my eyes and focusing as hard as i can. The silver aura surrounds me again covering every inch of my body and flowing with my movement. "Good, now look at me. Don't worry it'll still be there as long as you focus." He says and i open my eyes looking at him. "There are words of the elven language that are igniters. Like casting a spell but with one word. These one word spells are for the elements. Such as brisinger means fire, is fire, the thing is the word, know the word, and you'll control the thing." He says and his aura sparks up a dark blue and he turns around and holds out his hand to a branch on the ground and says brisinger and the branch bursts into flames. I look at it amazed and i turn to a stick on the ground and concentrate. "Brisinger!" I say and hold my hand out to the branch as it has a small flame on the edge of it. I sigh and look at eragon. "Don't worry, you still have to develop your magic so you can do even more things. Ok next is treavon, it means tree." He says looking at the trees nearby and says it as they curve and bend against their will. I watch in amazement and try to do the same but only manage to make a branch move down a couple inches. "You're getting the hang of it really quick." He compliments and i feel my legs get weak and he notices. "Let's sit you down. You don't want to run out of energy or you'll die. We don't want that. So be careful of your energy levels. There are some words that you aren't ready for and if you use them before you're ready, you'll kill yourself." He explains and i nod in response. I look at scatty and she's relaxing reading a book while eating a sandwich. I sigh and smile at the sight of her. "Let's take a break. Here i'll get you some food. Sit tight." He says and i nod laying on a log. I look up at the coverage of trees and think of what i might be able to do. And how i might be able to fully kill death on my own. That's my mission...to see death dead by the blade of my sword.