Chapter 17: Prophecy

Eragon drags me along and props me up onto my horse and i look at him pissed off. "Hey! Tell me what's going on! What prophecy?!" I demand and grip the reigns riding up to him. He takes one look at me and bolts off as my horse follows in close pursuit. I grumble wanting to know the answers to my questions and i stare holes in the back of Eragon's head. "I'll tell you more when we get to the kingdom." He says and it sparks another series of questions in my head. I groan and suffer through the agonizing suspense till we get to our destination. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We halt in an empty field that's covered in dirt and dust but one thing in peculiar, a slab of stone in the middle. Eragon leads me to the stone as the others that were following stay close behind us. We step up onto the slab and a pillar sticks straight up in the middle of the stone that stood close to 3 feet. Eragon takes my hand and places my palm on the top of the pillar of stone and the cracks in the pillar start to glow a white light. I feel the energy sucked out of me flow into the pillar and a oval like wall appears, i could have mistaken it for a portal. "Step through we'll follow." He says releasing my hand and i look at him with a look that says he's insane. "WHAT?!" I ask in total confusion. "Step through its a portal to the kingdom only you can open, step through we'll explain." He says pushing my back forward. I hesitate before stepping through and once i do i feel my stomach churn and i step out and find myself in front of an enormous white castle. Eragon and the other knights step through behind me. I turn to look at them and i already see Eragon moving to the castle. "Hey you said you would explain!" I shout out to him and he turns to look at me. "I think they can explain it better." He says and turns back around. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I decided to shut up and follow Eragon as we move through the castle and i look around seeing the townspeople look at me with disgusted faces and i move closer to Eragon. "Why do they hate me?" I ask hoping i get an answer. "Your past Mavis...your still known as a villain for your crimes with death." He says and i look up at him and nod walking with him feeling guilty. We make it to where Eragon was leading me to and he pushes me in front of him and i look up at a tall man with animal skins covering him. "HOW DID THIS VERMIN GET INTO MY CASTLE!!" He booms bounding toward me his hand extended before Eragon steps in and the man halts in front of him and in front of me. "This is Mavis Wise, she was brainwashed by Marethyu and has changed her ways. You know i cannot access this place, only she could open it, we need your help. We've come here for your guidance." He says and i look up at him then the new man. The man steps back and looks at both of us. "What is it you need?" He asks looking at Eragon. Eragon sighs and looks up at the man slightly taller than him and opens to speak. "We've come here because the prophecy is true...and she is the one that is apart of it. Half of it that is...now you need to help her fulfill her duty in the making of it." He says and I look at him puzzled. What was he talking about? I seriously needed answers and i needed them now. With the fear of the man standing in front of me, i'm surprised i hadn't ran off yet. My legs slowly turning to jello as the man's gaze turns to me and my knees buckle underneath me and eragon helps me stay upright. "Mavis, are you alright?" Eragon asks concern in his voice as i look at him then slightly nodding regaining my balance before speaking up. "Can someone please explain this to me?" I ask pipping up as my voice cracks. They look at me, both raising a brow and nod. "Come with me." The man says and takes my hand and leads me into a room and closes the door behind him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I look up at him curious and slightly frightened to what's to come. He turns to look at me, his expression serious. "There is still a lot you don't know, you'll know eventually. But what eragon will let me tell you so far would be that the position your in is more than you want to be i bet. I don't want to spook you or scare you in any way but there is another person you are due to meet Tiana someone very special, a warrior." He says and a look of confusion still lingers on my face. "Your saying that there's a warrior i need to meet? I'm in a prophecy with another person? What are we supposed to do?!" I say slightly worried for what's to come. "Don't worry she's on your side, there is something your not gonna like though." He says and the worried and confusion deepen into my cheeks and crooks in my frown. "What do we have to do?" I say and stand up closer to him wanting to know. "Tiana and you will have to be part in a trial. A very hard and dangerous trial, in the heart of Danu Talis." He says watching my expression. I look at him wide eyed. "I've only read of that place in Scathatch's library, the home land of the elders. I thought it was destroyed?" I say panicked. The amount of reading i did on the place is indescribable, it sparked my interest, reading everything about it was my main goal in that library. Now i wanna know why the hell do 'we' have to go there to be possibly killed in the process, who got me into this mess, who made up this damn prophecy.