Mismatched Eye Cat

A/N: Emy meets Red Hood (sort of) Yay!!!! And a new character is introduce so enjoy.

-the same night-

Emy had arrived at her apartment to find her cat sitting on the kitchen counter staring at her with his mismatch eyes. He was a black cat with a shiny fur and one an electric blue and the other a bright ember.

"Hello, Nightshade," Emy put her hand out and Nightshade gently put his paw in the middle of her palm. Emy took away her hand and made a fist, "Did anything special happened while I was away." Nightshade rubbed his head on her fist and purred.

"Good kitty." She picked the cat in her arms and went to her bedroom some boxes still needing to be organized. She put the cat on the bed and led down next to him as he got comfortable.

"The kitten of the Wayne family bared his fangs to me today. It was cute but I can sense somethings broken and pain from the whole family." Emy turns and saw a man in an all-black three-piece suit with mismatched eyes and long shiny black hair that rested on his shoulders. "Nightshade why did the Gods send me to them?"

Nightshade stayed quiet for a moment and then spoke. "I dont know but something is going to happen and that family is in the middle of it all. Then he thought about the next sentence and then spoke, actually I think theyre in the middle of many things."

"I felt that too. And I fought them today and they seem well trained." When Emy said that Nightshade avoided her eyes. "You know something, dont you kitty cat?"

"No," he said too quickly.

"It's fine I wont ask," Emy moved a strand of wavy hair that had fallen on his face. Nightshade was back at lying but nothing could make him talk. He was created to never speak of his creators' or his master's secrets. "I'm going to take a bath be a good cat and dont make a mess."

"Okay." Nightshade in his monotone voice jumped down from the bed turning back to a cat before he landed. "Dont take long, I want food."

Emy headed to the bathroom as Nightshade walked out the room. In the bathroom, Emy started the water to get it warm and by the time she was undressed the water was heating up. Emy's fingers traced a sigma in the base of her neck. The mark meant the love she was given by the gods and their gifts to her, immortality was one of them. Emy didnt hate her life nor she resents the gods, she loved being alive and to see the world move around her. After her fingers finished tracing her sigma Emy enter the shower smiling.

When Emy stepped out of the shower and dried up, she found clothes already had been laid out on the bed. Nightshade loved to do that, he felt that caring about Emy was part of his job and reason to his life. Emy didnt need the caring after what she need was the company but she let him have his way. Whatever makes him happy, she thought.

Once she changed to her pajamas that he laid out for her, Emy walked to the kitchen she found nightshade sitting on the kitchen counter again. He already had taken out the steaks Emy had prepared and left marinating in the morning and vegetables for the side dish.

"Come down and help, you can make the sauce," Emy took out the grilled and turn it on as nightshade makes a sweet and spicy sauce with Korean pepper paste and other stuff. Emy cut up an onion in slices and put it in the grilled making a sizzling sound.

When nightshade was done with the sauce he got the vegetables and started cut them. Zucchinis, Shitake mushrooms, asparagus, red peppers and broccoli where cut and small tomatoes and green beans were avoided, then in the same bowl of the sauce he puts in the vegetables.

"Dont put them all we need to eat normal tasting vegetables," Emy stopped him. Nightshade looked at her straight in the eye and bumped all of the vegetables in the bowl. "You're such a cat," Emy giggled as she put four marinated steaks on the grill. After making sure the vegetables where well coated he picked them out and put them in a pan that Emy had taken out and poured some olive oil for him.

A sudden thump was heard from the roof and then groaning. Emy wasnt sure what it could be since she was the only resident on the top floor she was the only one with a key to the roof. "Stay here and finish up, I'm going to check that out."

"Okay put on a jacket Gotham has cold nights," Nightshade said as he kept mixing the vegetables.

Emy took out a jacket and her keys out and ran out to the roof.

When Emy open the door, she was expecting teenagers that picked the lock and where either making out or smoking and drinking. What she found was a bleeding vigilantly in a red helmet. "Oh dear, you look bad," she got closer but he pulled out his gun and pointed at her.

"I've been worst," he said. He started to get on his feet slowly, grunting.

Well that not reassuring somehow, she thought. "Let me patch you up."

"Pass," he said as he started to stand up with difficulty.

"I'll bring you a steak and good alcohol if you let me."

After hearing the vigilantly froze for a minute and slowly started going down to sit again.

Emy took that as an approval and rushed down to get everything. "Nightshade bring me the emergency kit," she said preparing a plate and getting a bottle of scotch for the bleeding man in the roof.

Nightshade brought a big box painted red without a word, Emy put the plate that had been covered with aluminum foil and the bottle of whiskey on top and took it.

"Starting without me," she called out behind her shoulder.

Nightshade sat on a stool and with his plate in front of his plate and across him was Emys plate. He turns to the door where she had left and pick up his fork and stabbed a zucchini from her plate. "Mine," he said and shoved it into his mouth.