Chapter 25

I woke up in a strange bed cuddled up in blankets. Sitting up, I looked around trying to remember where I was. Oh yeah, I'm at Jordans. Then the next thing I realized was that I could hear yelling coming from outside.

I jumped out of bed and ran to the window and peeked through it hoping I could see whatever it was. When I looked out, I could see the street light and the front of other houses, and when I looked down I saw two dark haired boys fighting in the front yard. I threw open the door and ran downstairs not bothering to keep quiet. Trying to find my way through the unknown house in the dark was hard, but eventually I got to the front door and opened it, running outside barefoot into the damp grass.

"Stop!" I yelled at the two boys who were now wrestling on the ground. When they didn't let up I ran and pulled on who I assumed was Jordan because in the dark, his pale skin stood out against the other persons.

They weren't hitting each other, but the one Jordan had pinned to the ground had a cut along his lower lip. "Was anything you said to Daytona real? Huh?" Jordan yelled the other one.

The one on the grass flipped Jordan over so now Jordan was pinned to the ground. "I don't have to answer that." I recognized the voice immediately.

"Logan?" But neither one of them heard me and they kept fighting each other. I reached my hand into the jumble and latched onto Logan's arm, trying to pull him off Jordan. "Logan. Stop!" He continued to not listen to me, and as he two continued to argue, Logan balled up his fists and started to beat on Jordan.

Flashes of that one party Logan held ran through my mind and how he beat up Jared until he was unconscious.

Thinking that I pulled on Logans arm harder, "Logan! Stop!" He flung me off and I stumbled, tripped over my own feet and then landed hard on a rock. It dug into my elbow and I let out a shriek of pain and pulled my elbow off the ground, pulling the rock out of my elbow. As soon as I did, a small stream of blood dripped out of it.

The sound of my cry snapped both the boys out of their battle and brought their attention to me.

Upon seeing my arm Logan stood up and took a step towards me, "Day, I'm sorry,"

"Stop. Number one, I'm fine. Number two," I looked down at my feet, "Don't call me Day anymore. Only certain people can call me that."

Logan was caught off guard by my words and he faltered in his step, but he quickly resumed and grabbed me by my arms and yanked me to my feet. "I can call you whatever the fuck I want to." The smell of alcohol rolled off his breath and I shrank back.

He was so much like my dad right now I stood on wobbly knees, waiting for him to hit me. But nothing came. He pulled me into a hug and then ran off.

I stood watching his retreating figure when Jordan wrapped an arm around me, "Let's get you back to bed." He led me into his house and brought me to the bathroom right outside his room.

"Run your elbow under cold water and then I'll put Neosporin and a bandaid on it." I nodded my head, still dazed from what had happened.

Never before had I ever seen Logan drunk, and I hoped I never did ever again. He was bipolar to the hundredth degree, his emotions cranked to the max and he switched between them so fast it was hard to keep up.

"There you go. All done. Do you want me to kiss your boo-boo." I shook my head no and left the bathroom and crawled into the black bed. It wasn't long until I fell back to sleep.

~~~~🌸~~~~

"Hey wakeup." Someone was gently shaking me and my eyelids fluttered open to see Jordan leaning over me with a grin, "Morning Sunshine."