Chapter 40 | The Finale

I lost track of how long I was in here after the medic and other dude left.  

Hours maybe?

Days?

The only constant in this metal prison was the plastic water bottle a foot out of my reach, and the apple that complimented it. My stomach yearned for both.

"What do you want from me?!" I yelled aloud, but no one answered.

I felt like sobbing but I had already cried myself dry. All that was left was a tight constricting in my throat. Like someone had it in their hand and was squeezing the life out of me.

Slumping back against the wall I was chained to, I felt my eyes get heavy with sleep.

No, no, no, you can't fall asleep Daytona! Stay awake! Stay awake.

I fought with everything I had, but it wasn't enough, in a matter of seconds I was out.

Large hands grabbed my shoulders and slammed me back into the wall. "For a minute I thought you'd actually starved. Which would be way easier on me, but not as fun."

For however long I was in here, no one came to see me. It didn't matter how loud I screamed, how much I begged, or even how much I threatened Colton, it did no good. Who knew falling asleep was the key to getting him in here.

With rugged blonde hair and stupid green eyes, he could be handsome; that is if handsome also came with sides of psychotic and terrifying. The stupid tattoo is what really tied the whole package together. Only crazy people would tattoo a gun under their eye.

"What do you want from me?" My voice was quiet. Too quiet. It sounded like I had lost all hope. All fight.

"We've been down this path before Daytona." Colton gripped my face tightly in his hand. "I'm going to make you hurt just like I hurt, and then some more of course." He pushed my face away violently causing my head to smack back into the metal wall.

Fuzzy black dots danced across my vision for a minute, but once it was clear, I turned my eyes on him and managed as much strength as I could into my next words, "Once I get out of here, I'm going to kill you."

"That is if  you get out of here Daytona." Colton sat down infront of me, drumming his fingers on the floor. "Let's play a little game of would you rather to pass the time okay?"

"Typically people like you don't play games with their prisoners." I forced my voice to remain even all though every fiber in my body was telling me to just let it crack.

"That's where you messed up Daytona. There is no one else like me." In this light, I could finally see him for what he truly was, a disastrous fire. Everything about him was made to lure you in. His eyes, his hair, but when you got to close, he became the most dangerous thing you've ever played with.

"Fine," I gulped, "let's play."

He wore a sinister smirk as he spoke, "Me first. Would you rather not sleep for the next seven days, or not eat."

My heart dropped.

He didn't want to 'play a game' to pass time. He was planning out how he was going to torture me.

"I'm not going to answer." My voice was soft and I cursed myself for seeming weak again.

The smirk never left his face. "Wrong answer."

"What are you going to do to me?" An unknown level of terror washed over me.

"Nothing right now. When the time comes though," he let the end of his sentence hang in the air. "So. Again Daytona. Not eat or not sleep."