Chapter 22

"Cannon ball!" I take off running from the back door and throw my towel on one of the lounge chairs. I ignore the cold air on my skin.

All the other girls scatter from the middle of the pool to get out of my way. I run to the pool and jump in the air, bringing my legs up to my chest. I wrap my arms around them and hold my breath. When I hit the water, I sink to the bottom and open my eyes. I kick up off the bottom to resurface.

"My scores?" I look at all of the girls. I have finally learned all of their names.

"Seven." Keri Arrindell says first. She has thick, curly dark brown hair that stops a few inches below her shoulders. Her eyes are a pretty dark brown color. She is twenty three.

"Nine." Annastasia Baker grins at me. Annastasia is only twenty one and has tried out for the X Factor two years ago. She has short light brown hair and brown eyes.

"I'll give you a seven." Treyc Cohen decides. She is twenty six years old and the oldest out of all of us. Treyc has long dark brown hair, dark skin, and dark brown eyes.

"Nine." Gamu Nhengu adds her opinion. She has extremely curly dark brown almost black hair that is a few inches above her shoulders. Gamu is only eighteen.

"Seven point five." Raquel Thomas says next. Raquel has an unique voice from what I've been told. She also has dark brown hair, olive skin, and brown eyes. She is a few years older than Cher and I.

"Eight." Kate Waissel tells me. Kate is the only one in the household with blonde hair. Her hair is rather short, but it is very curly. Kate's eyes are a blueish color and she is twenty four.

"Nine point three." Rebecca Ferguson smiles from the side of the pool. She is only twenty three and has the common dark brown hair. Out of all the girls besides Cher, we are the closest.

"One point two." Cher laughs.

"Thanks Cher." I reply, sarcastically.

"Your welcome." She leans against the pool wall. "It's going to suck to get out of this water."

"Maybe if we run really fast we won't feel the cold." Kate suggests.

"It was easy to get in." Treyc says, barely keeping her head above water to stay warm. "It's going to be terrible to get out."

They aren't kidding either. The only reason we got in the pool is because it is heated. We didn't think about how we would get out. It is fifty degrees out and the pool is a lovely eighty five degrees. We are going to have to run out of the pool, grab our towels, then run upstairs without sliding across the floor to our bedrooms. I am not looking forward to this.

"I'll tell you what." I casually swim to the stairs. "I'll go first and tell you how it feels." I run up the stairs to my towel on the lounge chair.

The ice cold air hits my bare wet skin causing goosebumps to appear on my skin. I wrap my towel around my body and run towards the door. I feel the girls eyes staring at me from behind. I swing the door open and run against the wooden floor.

"Carter?" Cheryl calls my name.

I spin around on the floor to look at her. My feet slip on the wooden floor and I feel myself fall backwards. I land on my arse first and then my back. I lay still for a few seconds then I burst out laughing. I clutch my towel tightly in my hands and roll over on my side.

Cheryl is standing in the doorway of the kitchen. "Are you okay?" She rushes forward.

"Why am I the most unluckiest person ever?" I ask myself out loud.

"You're not hurt, are you?" Cheryl bends over.

I shake my head and stand up. "I'm okay. Gosh that was embarrassing!" I chuckle.