Chapter 33

"Carter, this is your new stylist for the X Factor." Cheryl sets her hand on my shoulder. "This is Hannah."

Hannah has long straight blonde hair that cascades down her back. She has crystal blue eyes with long eyelashes. Hannah looks like she is about five feet ten inches. She grins at me with a warm smile.

"Hi." I smile back at her. "Not trying to be rude or anything, but what happened to Bonnie?"

"She won't be returning." Cheryl simply says.

In other words, she got fired. Good. She made me sprain my ankle. I told her I can't walk in heels, but she made me anyways. Hannah looks way nicer than Bonnie did. Bonnie has a constant scowl on her face and Hannah can't seem to stop smiling. I think we will get along just fine.

"I need to go get ready for the show tonight." Cheryl heads for the door. "Good luck tonight, Carter."

"Thank you." I say as she leaves the dressing room.

"Okay." Hannah claps her hands. "I saw the outfit you wore last night. It is hanging up in the bathroom. I know you sprained your ankle, so I was trying to think of a shoe you could wear."

"I'm not sure my foot would fit in a shoe." I tell her honestly.

I limp over to the chair and sit down in it. I set my foot on the make up counter gently. My ankle doesn't hurt as badly as it did yesterday, but it still hurts. I still walk with a slight limp. Louis insists that he carries me everywhere because I refuse to use crutches. I'd rather just walk on my ankle and deal with the pain, then use crutches. They hurt under your arms and they are very uncomfortable.

"The swelling went down some." I poke my swollen ankle. I wince from the slight pain.

"When you wear your dress, can you see your feet?" Hannah walks over to a rack of shoes.

"Not at all." I shake my head.

Hannah nods. "Okay. I don't want to make you anything that will be tight on your ankle."

"I could try to wear flats or something." I suggest, taking my ankle off of the counter.

Hannah taps her chin. "I have an idea."

Hannah walks out of the dressing room. I guess I'll wait here then. I can tell Hannah and I will get along just fine. She actually talks to me instead of ignoring my existence like Bonnie did. I wonder what kind of shoe she is going to make me wear. With my ankle stil being swollen it will be harder for me to wear shoes. My foot is even slightly swollen. Hopefully, in a few days it will go down, then I could wear shoes again.

I can't believe tonight someone will go home. I'm not ready. In less than two hours, there will only be fourteen of us left. I don't want to go home, but I would rather go home then have One Direction, Cher, Aiden, Rebecca, or Matt leave. They all deserve to be here more than I do. Everyone deserves to be here. Why can't we all be winners? Simon can just sign all of us over.

The dressing room door swings back open and Hannah strolls in, carrying a pair of white slippers. Slippers and an elegant dress. Odd combination. Hannah lifts up my bad ankle and slides the slipper on. My foot easily fits in the slipper without any pain.

"Just make sure that your feet don't show when you are walking out on the stage." Hannah points her finger at me.

"Gotcha, boss." I give her two thumbs up.

After that, Hannah started doing my hair and make up. We get along really well. She has been a stylist for four years. Hannah became a stylist when she was twenty. I knew she looked young. Hannah didn't make my make up look crazy. It looks really natural. My hair looks even better than it did yesterday. It took about an hour to finish my make up and hair.