CHAPTER 19 * Not a morning person *

VICTORIA'S POV

Someone was shaking me.

Xeris.

"Time to get up." He said and walked away.

He was already in his training attire. His expression was back to the way it was when I first got here. To think that that was just a couple of days ago. It felt like I had been here for longer.

I got up, showered, dressed, ate and was in the training room in no time. He stood in the middle of the room with glasses similar to the ones I wore yesterday and gloves.

"I'm surprised you decided to continue with the training," he said.

Yesterday's conversation came back to mind. He told me that I had the power. I could decide whether I wanted to continue training or not. When he left me alone after having told me everything, I spent the whole night thinking about what to do. I was glad he didn't come back before I went to bed, because I was having trouble deciding what to do. I could either stay on this ship comfortably, enjoying years of travelling and dying of boredom, or I could improve myself. I had gone and stood in front of the mirror for a long time. I wanted to change. I wanted to be better. I knew that I was like this because I made myself weak. I let myself go and flourished.

No more!

I chose to take advantage of my captors. I decided to make the best out of this opportunity. I would be like a sponge, but in a healthy way. I would suck up and absorb everything that could make me better. I was going to throw away all the excuses and barriers I used to make myself weak.

"I figured there was nothing better to do around here." I said with a shrug of my shoulder.

He didn't react to that.

"So what am I supposed to do today?" I asked as I looked around at the different training paraphernalia, my gaze hovering a little longer on the death trap I was on yesterday.

He noticed and tilted his head towards it.

Great. Another episode of 'let's see how long the fat girl can run'.

I sighed and walked towards it. He handed me glasses and soon I was struggling to stay on my feet. I could hear sounds behind me. I figured he was training as well. I soon tuned everything out and focussed on the path in front of me. I wasn't sure how long I was expected to run.

"How long...am I suppo...posed to run?" I said in between breaths. Would he answer me today?

"We have an hour and a half left for training."

An hour and a half!

Surely, he didn't expect me to run that long.

I'm going to do it. I'll run until I drop. No more excuses!

I reminded myself why I was doing this. I wasn't doing this for anyone. I was doing this for myself. I had to give my all no matter what. With this renewed energy, I kept at it.

* * *

I opened my eyes and saw him sleeping. I was in his arms. A quick glance down confirmed that we were in the cleansing water, again.

Dang it, blacked out again.

I shifted a little, trying to signal to him that I was awake and he could let me go now. But he didn't budge. I observed his breathing. He was breathing deeply.

He must be sleeping.

Now that I think about it, I didn't hear him come back to bed yesterday. Did he even sleep at all? Wait, did he even eat breakfast? I had assumed that he ate while I was in the bathroom.