CHAPTER 26 * Anigra *

XERIS' POV

We were seated in Purit's apartment as he briefed me on the progress Victoria was making.

"Very soon, she will be able to fully take you on. Even now, I'm sure she could hold her own against you, that is, if you aren't scared of hurting her." He had a sly smile on his face.

"What do you mean by that? And why are you looking at me like that?"

"Oh, nothing. Just that you seem to be a little soft on her, her being your partner and all. I'm sure you wouldn't want to cause her any kind of pain." His words made perfect sense but his tone held something in it.

I decided to ignore it. He just chuckled while shaking his head slightly.

"I think she's ready to be taken out of confinement. She's gotten stronger, and not just physically. I don't know her as deeply as you do," that look again, "but even I can tell that she is lonely. Your constant absences haven't been helpful." He was back to being serious again.

"I know, I've just been so busy checking up on the men and their progress with their partners..." he cut me off

"That you've neglected your own."

I sighed.

I wondered what she must be thinking

"Are you sure she's ready?"

"I am."

***

As I walked back to our apartment, I decided to finally show her the rest of the ship. Maybe that would occupy her while I carried out my duties. I had left Purit's apartment early planning to get to the apartment in time for supper. I walked in and went to the kitchen. I looked at the time and figured she must still be in the greenery. I ordered our meals and put them in the warmer.

I walked to the work table to look at the progress she had made on the work I left her. She had gone through everything already.

That's my girl.

I went through her answers and only had to correct her on one thing. She really was smart. I noticed that she had left her time teller behind. That must be why she was taking so long. She probably lost track of the time. I decided to take a shower. Once I was done and dressed, I looked towards the kitchen and still she wasn't there. The greenery was quite vast, she must have been on her way back. I decided to go and wait for her by the entrance. I walked in just a little and looked at the different paths ahead of me, wondering which one she was on. I stood there with my arms crossed over my chest, ready to give her a scolding for taking so long. She would have missed her meal time if I hadn't already gotten the food. I had already told her of the importance of eating to maintain her health. I looked at my time teller, twenty minutes and she was still nowhere in sight.

I started to get a bad feeling. The same bad feeling I got before finding her sprawled on the bathroom floor in a pool of her own blood. I couldn't just stand there waiting for her, I decided to go a little further out and look for her. The only problem was there where many paths that led to different parts of the greenery. Not really thinking, I randomly chose a path and decided to follow it. I walked for five minutes on that path and then decided to go back and take a different path. I did the same thing for all the paths that led from our entrance to the greenery. I looked up frustrated, then I saw them.

"Cameras."

In my panicked state, I had forgotten that there were cameras in here. I tapped the side of my head and said, "Control room."

The control room was the security base of this ship. It was the place that all activities on this ship were monitored and coordinated from. I was soon connected to the person in charge.