CHAPTER 21 * I don't have to poop?!? *

VICTORIA'S POV

"Is there anything wrong with me?" I asked Bulba as she did whatever it is doctors do to patients.

"Why would you think that?" she asked not stopping her movements.

"Why else would I need a visit from the doctor if I was healthy?"

She smiled.

Woah, she can smile?

"Did he not tell you that you would be getting a check-up every week for oil thinning and hair control procedures?"

What the heck was she talking about? Hair control?

My facial expression must have told her that he hadn't.

She smiled again. This was getting freaky.

"Oil thinning will, as the name suggests, thin out the solid fat in your body faster than just exercising would and hair control will help grow out your hair healthier and longer than it normally would on its own and in a shorter period.

I had noticed that my hair was at shoulder level now. I attributed it to the exercise and reduction in unhealthy food.

"It also makes your hair softer and easier to manage."

"My scalp thanks you," I said in a dramatic way which made her laugh a little.

She's human after all

"Uh...I was wondering," this would be embarrassing to ask. I scratched my forehead a little and gave out a nervous laugh.

"What is it?"

I coughed a little, "see the thing is.... uh...how do I phrase it?" I swallowed heavily.

Just ask, she's a doctor.

She waited patiently while looking at me. I closed my eyes and let it all out in one rush. "I think I'm late and I haven't had sex or anything. And I haven't gone number two since I got here." I kept my eyes closed waiting for something. I think I expected her to laugh but she just waited until I opened my eyes. Smile on her face.

"Nothing is wrong with you. You are not pregnant. When you were incubated, I initiated a certain procedure on all the females. The medical terms, I'm afraid are too complicated and too different from the terms you're used to. Just know that you will not be bleeding as I ..." she looked for the term, "neutralised your uterus, preventing it from shedding its lining, a common procedure done to Thanzorian women once they come of ..." I interrupted her before she could go on.

"So, what you're saying is I won't be bleeding and I am not pregnant?"

"Yes. As for your bowels, it's all due to the food you've been eating. All the food can be completely broken down and absorbed by the human body leaving no need to, as you said, 'go number two'. There will be special cases however, if something is disrupting your digestive system. Otherwise, you will have no need for it."

"Let me get this straight. So, no bleeding and no pooping?" I was finding this too good to be true and so hard to believe. I had to confirm. She gave a slight nod to her head and the biggest smile split my face in two.

I could get used to this.

"Cool."

"That will be all," she dismissed me.

I left the medical bay with a smile on my face and Xeris walked in to talk to Bulba.

***

Three months passed by quickly. Our routine was established. Xeris woke me up, I took a shower and ate then went to work out in the training room. The only difference being the workout exercises that I did. From jogging the entire first week, cardio and muscle strengthening exercises were incorporated as well as other things I honestly didn't care to know. The workouts got more intense with each passing week.