Chapter 7- Explanations and Clothes

(I have this song stuck in my head. Sue me.)

                   "Uh, yes?" Jake replied, then looked at Derrick for explanation.

How does this kid know about us? his wolf growled.

                "Do not look at me like that! What was I supposed to do, keep it to myself?!" Derrick huffed and crossed his arms.

               "Uh, yeah!" Jake nodded with a 'duh' look on his face.

               "You do realize that keeping such a secret to myself without sharing it with a sane person makes me feel more insane," Derrick scowled.

                "I'm a 'sane person'!" Jake pointed to himself.

                "Are you sure about that?" Derrick raised an eyebrow.

OOhh Sassy! Jake's wolf purred, Me likey.

Now is not the time, Jake scolded.

                "Got to admit," the new guy smiled, "You guys are super cute when you fight."

              "NO. WE'RE NOT!" Derrick and Jake said at the same time. They looked at each other, both surprised and horrified.

               "You do realize," the new guy continued, pointing at them, "That the more you guys are linked, the stronger that link will get, right? Eventually, you guys won't care if each other is naked, or get mad over stupid stuff, or try to be idiots and separate from each other. No secrets will be left unrevealed and no hesitation to touch each other will be there. All hate will slowly fade away, and when it does, I get to say 'I told you so'. Also, since it's going to happen anyways, why don't you just let it?"

I like this guy, Jake's wolf said.

                "Excuse me," Jake said with a stern look on his face, taking a few steps towards the guy, "Who are you again?"

The boy smiled and walked up to Jake before bending down, grabbing his hand, and kissing it.

                "I am King Nathan Vale Drake, son of Clarence Drake the Second and ruler of Mare kingdom," Nathan declared, before bowing and standing up, "Who, may I ask, are you?"

                "I'm Jake not-Jacob Pierce, son of a female dog, literally and figuratively, and future Alpha of a small pack in these here woods," Jake answered dully, "Now leave me alone and never kiss my hand again. I had no dignity at all five minutes ago, so I'm sure you know that I am not a lady."

                "And you never know where those hands could have been," Derrick added.

He's so smart! Jake's wolf gushed.

I SAID SHUT UP! Jake yelled.

                "Speaking of dignities," Nathan smirked at Jake, "Maybe we could spare yours. Shall we take him to the castle?"

                "Wait a second..." Jake came to a realization," You-You're a king-" He points to Nathan-" and we are going to a castle."

                "And you need clothes. Are we stating the obvious right now?" Nathan asked, but Jake wasn't paying attention. The werewolf whipped around to his soulmate.

                "How is it that you know royalty?!" Jake asked, panicked.

                "Yeah, about that-" Derrick started, but was interrupted.