Chapter 20 - You're Immune

*Dedicated to SheWhoStealsTheSky3 because a long time ago I told her someone out of these four was a immune and she thought it was Dominic and she for some reason hates Dominic even tho he's sexy as hell... ;D*

Chapter 20

Jeremy (again)

Silence.

That’s all I heard.

“What?” Ella’s cracked voice came through my ears and I opened my eyes to face. “Jeremy what is he talking about?”

I took a deep breath.

“He’s telling the truth,” I said, slowly, looking at everyone. “I was- wasn’t scratched. I made that up.”

“You- what?” Ella snapped. I took a step back. She was scary when she was mad. Really scary.

“What did you expect me to do, Ella? I panic,” I said, shaking my head at the memory. “I woke up and heard you and Alyssa trying to get Ricky to lower his gun. I hadn’t even turned to a zombie yet and he was ready to kill me!”

“Wait-” Dominic said, “Why didn’t you turn?”

Why didn’t I turn? That was the same question I asked myself everyday.

“That’s where I come in,” Shane said, clapping his hands. He turned to me. "The whole reason Dr. Storm started the zombie virus was so that he make super humans. Creatures that he can control and will follow his ever order. But it didn't work out that way. He was missing something. And that something is your blood. You're immune, Jeremy."

I looked at him, shocked. I didn't believe it. I'm immune.... Immune to the zombie virus.

So what? I'm some kind of freak?

"I'm-I'm what?"

"Immune,"  Ashley said. Truth be told I almost forgot she was there. "And as far as the government knows, you're the only of your kind."

Kind?

"Kind? He's not an alien, Ash," Shane snapped. Damn he seemed for offended than me. I sat down and took a deep breath.

I'm immune, and I was the only one. Out of everyone that was left in the world... I was the only one.

"I have a question," I said, slowly.

"Shoot," Shane said, taking a seat. He was talking so calmly it creep me out. Maybe he understood that this was way too mind blowing.

"He-" I couldn't even say his name anymore, "He is using my blood to perfect his virus. Which means... It's my fault all those people are dying-"

"No it's not," Ella said. I realized that none of them had said anything in awhile. She kneed in front of me so we were leveled. "Its not your fault."

"It is Ella," I said, "Maybe I should have let Ricky put a bullet through my head-"

"No! Don't think like that," Ella said, putting her hand on my cheeks.

I’m not gonna lie it made me feel better.

“Ella’s right,” Alyssa said, stepping closer and putting her hand on my shoulder. “It’s not your fault Dr. Storm’s a crazy maniac.”

I laughed softly.

“And,” Dominic said, smiling, “think of it this way, you have a super power.”

A super power?

“Really, Dominic?” I said, as he laughed.

“There’s more.”

Shane’s voice cut our moment short.

“What?” I asked, almost afraid of the answer.

“The new zombies won’t attack you,” he said, “Remember the first zombie when I took you to John’s lab? The one that sniffed you?”

I nodded. How could I forget it? It was the second most terrifying moment of my life.

“Well because it has your blood in it, it thinks of you as one of them. They won’t attack you.”

I nodded.

I still couldn’t wrap my head around it, but it explained a lot of things.

Shane opened his mouth but quickly closed it, as if deciding not to say what he was thinking.

He wanted to say more, I know it.

“Look,” he started, “I know this is a lot to take in.”

Of course it was! You don’t tell a kid you’re the only person in the whole freakin’ world that zombies won’t kill and expect him to be ok!

“You should leave. Dr. Storm’s guards will notice you aren’t in school so go fast,” Shane stood up and with a head nodded headed upstairs, to the door no one was ever going to go through.

“It was nice meeting you guys!” Ashley said, hopping off the chair. She waved and followed Shane into the room.

Wait... She was allowed into his office?

“What is through that door!?!” Dominic asked, as we all watched the door close shut.

“It will forever be a mysterious to us,” Alyssa said, crossing her arms.

“Not to Ashley,” Ella muttered under her breath.

Was she jealous?

I shook off and took her hand.

“Do you still... like me now that I’m a freak?” I asked, looked at her. She smiled.

“You’re not a freak, Jeremy,” Ella said, making me smile. “But nothing will ever get me stop loving you.” She pushed herself up and kissed me. “You’re stuck with me,” She whispered.

And I wouldn’t want it any other way.

We all headed back to the school, hopefully no one noticed we were gone.

“Oh, there you guys are!” The drama teacher Mrs. Kelly said, as we entered the cafe. “I need you guys to get the boxes out of the truck outside. We nodded and headed to the back of the school.

“I have an idea,” Alyssa said, as we opened the back door to the moving truck. “How about you guys get the boxes and we’ll watch.”

Dominic laughed. “You’re cute. Now get in the truck.”

Alyssa stuck out her tongue but grabbed Dominic’s hand as he pulled her inside.

“Hey guys,” I heard Ella say from the back of the truck as I got in. “There’re are no boxes in here.”

What?

“What?” I asked, walking to her.

That was when I heard the truck door slam shut.

Oh shit.

******************************************************************************

*unedited*

JEREMY'S IMMUNE! DOESN'T THAT JUST MAKE HIM LIKE 95% MORE HOTTER? ;D

OH YEAH GUESS WHAT?

I MADE A FACEBOOK PAGE FOR THIS BOOK SERIES!!! IT'S IN THE EXTERNAL LINK!! GO LIKE IT! I'm waiting until I get 30 likes before I start posting stories :) 

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT! AND FAN!

LOVE, 

MYSKY!