[1] An Irritating God

"This. . ." Claire Hill furrowed her brows and looked at the area before her with crimson irises.

An endless space of pure white stretched to infinity. Extending beyond her vision, and failing to disappear into the horizon, it simply had no end. Surreal was the world. It appeared more like an illusion than anything that should exist in reality.

She stared below at a swirling mass of clouds that served as the ground of the place. She had absolutely no idea how her feet could be planted within and yet still remain standing. She swerved her head around, her black hair bellowing and falling to her hips as she wondered exactly where she was.

At that moment, the clouds swerved and gathered at her front to reveal the white, stone-like, ground below. Then, they compressed before her as a figure took shape.

A tuxedo of white shined below short, combed, hair of gold. A gleaming smile showed a full set of perfect teeth. A pale face, as pale as hers, came to view and she had to arc her head up to stare at the male.

"I am God," He proclaimed as his azure eyes stared into her crimson.

"I see," She simply replied with not a change to her expression.

". . ."

". . ."

"Are you not surprised?" He tilted his head.

"No."

Claire shook her own. Meeting a God? This was, honestly, a tried and tested plot. She supposed there was no need to fix what wasn't broken, however.

"Don't you wonder why I am not an old man? Your world is fond of that theory, is it not?" He took a step back and doubtfully looked her over.

"A bit, I suppose. Though, I wouldn't mind if you decided not to speak."

Why was she to wonder if God was old or not? More importantly, she wished he would simply get to the reason she found herself in this strange and surreal atmosphere, though she already had her suspicions.

She didn't die, that was a fact. She had simply appeared here after a blinding light crossed her path on the way back home from school. Her book bag had been dropped in rushed shock but, other than that, she was still in her highschool uniform: A black shirt and a skirt of the same color (which was a bit on the longer end), finished off with a red necktie.

She stood, unfazed by the encounter, yet this god-person didn't seem too keen on telling her why she was here.

"You see!" He spun around, placed his hands behind him, and began to pace around as his shoes clinked against the marble-like ground.

"I am a being that is unaging, unending, omniscient, omnipresent, and all-powerful. Now, tell me, why would I choose to project myself as an old man of all things?" He spun right back.

"Why am I here?" Claire simply disregarded him and asked back. "If you have nothing better to do than spout rubbish, could you send me on my way?"

He coughed.

"Well I have noticed, you don't seem to 'fit in'," The 'handsome' god stated a bit awkwardly and tried to shrug her comments off.