[45] The Tower

The streak of an unknown light shined upon her face as the strum of a guitar rang in her ears. Claire opened her eyes to a ceiling of crystal, which hung a chandelier, tangled with golden lines. It took a moment for her to realize those lines were nothing more than strands of hair blocking her vision and that Alicia laid on top of her, head on her chest, and her expression of bliss.

". . .well."

'Nothing happened. We merely slept upon the same bed.' Claire nodded, or about as much as she could manage, reaching over the bedside and turning off a modern alarm. 'We've slept together a lot before. Hmm, hold on, that sounds a bit. . .'

She sighed. Like always, Alicia had managed to maneuver her way into a cuddled dreamworld.

'Well.' She mused as she stroked the vampire's head, watching her shift. 'These types of memories are good, I suppose."

It was impossible for her to have something like this on earth. Here, in this world, it was only uncommon. She looked at the soundly sleeping girl as her crimson eyes softened.

'She's been sucking my blood so much, I wonder. . .' She thought and her lips moved.

"<Fairy Eyes>."

[Name: Alicia Fraught

Race: Ancient Vampire

Strength: A+

Speed: A+

Mana: A+

Skills: Eyes of Death (U), Blood Magic (U), Ancient Healing Arts (U), Bat Transformation (U)

Overall: S]

". . .what a powerful puppy," Her eyes widened slightly.

It really was true, she figured, her blood did release the girl's power. Last she had checked, Alicia's stats had been straight As, now, they were all A+.

'Really, she's the broken one, isn't she?' Claire thought, realizing she would probably have a hard time fighting her partner unless she pulled her into the snowy Glacial World. And, even then, she wasn't sure which of them would win as, although she was certain she would be stronger purely in stats there, she was also certain that Alicia, the battle-maniac, was clearly the better fighter of the two.

She looked at the wall to her left, noticed a modern clock with the time 10 AM. Glancing back at the girl, whose fangs showed innocently, Claire poked her cheek with her finger as a thin smile played on her lips.

"Hey, get up, let's start our day."

The squirming came and golden eyelashes fluttered. Soon, crimson eyes deeper than ruby opened and looked up at Claire's own.

"Oh, good morning," Alicia smiled brightly after awareness came. "You smell good."

"Me or my blood?"

"Both. The latter is deeper, however." Immediately, there was hunger in her eyes.

"How needy," Claire muttered, reaching and bringing the girl's head down to the base of her neck. "Fine, just suck me dry."

The fangs pierced into her.

Like always, Alicia's saliva healed the two wounds after it was over.

———

A tower floated atop the middle of the river. It was made of iron and gleamed beneath the early morning sun. At the bank of that river stood three figures, facing a gleaming, white circle.