[2] It's Ice

"Why do you not want to enter into a fantasy world?" Michael tilted his head in disbelief.

"One." Claire raised a finger. "You never said it was a fantasy world."

"In this type of story, a fantasy world is a given," The archangel replied, matter-of-factly.

However, his words were simply tranced over.

"Two." She held another finger up for him to see. "Why should I want to enter a fantasy world?" Her head arched upwards to gleam at his features.

He wrinkled his brows for a moment. That was indeed a question to behold. Why should she venture into a fantasy world? Would it really be able to change her atrocious aura? Would it be able to fix her deficiency? Would it fix this mind of hers that thought like she did?

"Why do I feel as if you are thinking rudely of me?" A mutter reached his ears and brought his thoughts back.

He acted as if he heard nothing and threw a question of his own. "You are a young 15-year-old high schooler, wouldn't your kind Jump at the chance to adventure amidst a fantasy setting?"

"As sorry as I would like to be to disappoint you—which I am not in the least bit—but I quite like my life on earth," She replied back, unfazed.

He shook his head, chuckling as he spoke, "You don't understand. You have no choice. Your God has proclaimed it so, and his words are not to be ignored."

"Even if I do not want to go?" She raised a brow.

"Indeed."

"..."

"..."

Claire grumbled as she looked at the sheepish smile on Michael's face.

"Fine." She forced the word from her depths as if she were vomiting out an horrid aftertaste. Honestly, she was. The aftertaste of losing a confrontation of words was not a pleasant experience for her. She rarely ever lost something like that.

Michael, the archangel of the first seat, nodded his head with a beaming smile proclaiming his victory. He seemed proud of the fact that he won over a mortal teenage girl.

"Now, the problem still remains on whether you want to be reincarnated or transmigrated."

"What's the difference?" She tilted her head.

"Well, in simplicity: Transmigration simply constitutes me sending you to another world with the same body, while Reincarnation leads to having you be born again as a baby within another world. The same soul but a different body built for you. Yet, in both cases, we can choose whether or not you wish to keep your memories."

"Isn't the choice obvious?" Claire thought him stupid.

"I quite like my body and my memories and I'm in no rush to forget my parents—wait, where are they, anyway? Are they aware of this ongoing situation?"

She narrowed her eyes.

"Oh? Them?"

Micheal snapped his fingers.

There was a volume of white smoke just behind the angel which two individuals unhurriedly stepped out from.

The first was a woman with draping black hair and crystal-like ruby eyes etched upon her youthful face, she wore a singular dress of dark amethyst. The next was a man with a bit of a scruffy beard around his chin, a simple robust statue, and his arms crossed above his large chest. He, on the other hand, wore a simple attire of a plain white shirt and cotton black pants—much less refined than his wife, but elegant nonetheless.