[3] Frozen Temple

Memorizing the information she needed within the transparent, white screen, Claire turned to understand where exactly she was. It was a mountain, it was high, she couldn't get down, it was surrounded by a forest as far as her eyes could carry her. Easy things to figure out and she was already busy actively working on the solution to her current problem: getting down. Aside from that, everything else would have to be left on hold.

She contemplated briefly.

"I suppose only this will do."

A sigh escaped her lips as she stretched her right hand forwards.

Her blackened hair chilled and glazed a pure white from the stem to its full length. Her crimson eyes grew softer, shining briefly before it too changed to pale, azure that narrowed into the distance.

She watched the palm of her hand and made a will.

"<Glaze>?" She was unsure how skills worked, but a test was worthwhile. Was imagination key? She had no idea, yet she wished for a crystal-like, diamond esque, ice.

Within an instant, a small white mist floated above her hand. The next moment, it disappeared as her wish was granted. A plain crystal-like ice, shaped like a diamond, and glimmering, sat upon her palm.

Claire brought it before her eyes for a moment, inspected it, and nodded to herself.

She looked into the distance. . .

. . .and chucked it.

It twinkled under the sun and out of her eyesight like a shooting star. Her hand folded as time trickled past. She waited for she did not want to fall from the sky. Who in their right mind would? Certainly, Claire wasn't in the mindset to die from gravity just yet.

Her plan was simple, throw the ice she held into the expanse of the forest and <Switch> with it.

'It should be simple if I just wish for it, right?' Her thought process was even simpler. 'Mhmm,' She nodded to herself, 'Wherever it takes me, it certainly must be better than here.'

"<Switch>."

It was instantaneous. She felt neither the wrapping of space nor the disarray of movement. Truly, the switch with the ice she had thrown was perfec—

"..."

"..."

The two stared at each other. One a high school girl still dressed in her uniform, her hands folded at her ample chest, and her face devoid of emotion to the fullest as her sapphire eyes stared forwards.

The other individual a beast. A crow to be precise. Its wings blackened and closed upon the feathers of the same color that enriched its body. Its beak pointed towards her, its eyes were the same as her original, crimson. The main point, however, was its sheer size, towering over her and casting a shadow that engrossed her in its entirety.

Claire calmly looked around the area. She stood within a base made of twigs, well, giant-sized twigs. And, below all that, she found herself within the air, atop a tree that was big enough to carry all this. Hmm, she didn't like the chances of that fall. . .however, what were the physical limits of this new body of hers?