Ch 4: Totally Fucking Die

Evangeline POV:

"Morning dad. Morning mom."

My parents looked up at me and smiled, "morning honey."

I tossed an apple between my hands, "so...should I make breakfast today?"

Mom sometimes doesn't cook so much anymore, she hasn't since Everett died. Having to lie to everyone outside the pack about him takes a toll on her.

My dad sipped at his coffee, "sounds lovely honey, thank you."

Alright, apple pancakes it is then. "So. Did the pack list arrive?"

My dad watched me as I tossed the apples into a pot to be boiled. "It did...Evangeline, have you been following the rules."

I rolled my eyes gathering the rest of the ingredients.

Hell no I haven't. They are stupid rules meant to appease a man I have no interest in being with. "Yes dad."

"...alright then." He sighed, "yes the pack list has arrived...and I am going to be adding another rule, for the ball."

Greaaat. "Sure thing dad, whats up?"

He glanced at my mother who just chewed on her lip anxiously, "well... the Lelantos pack is going to be ther-"

"Im not going."

"Evangeline." He scolded, "it is your first ball."

"Ill have Melody put the ball on her Instagram story. Im not going anywhere near those rabid psychopaths. Your not stepping down anytime soon so its not urgent I find my mate. I'll go next year."

"Evangeline you need to be an adult about this, the Lelantos pack will be there, but you are to avoid them at all costs. Including the alpha-"

I cut him off, eyes growing wide. "The alpha will be there?"

"Yes. He's unmated, I assume thats the entire reason they have decided to attend, its been quite a few years since he's reached mating age."

Once we reach mating age, our aging slows down significantly. No ones really sure why.

I really dont care.

Most wolves assume Alpha Lelantos did find his mate and he ripped her to shreds because she would be seen as a possible weakness of was too weak to be with him.

The entire pack is known to be bloodthirsty, ruthless, and overwhelming douchy.

Basically their alpha is 100% a dick.

"And I know it is rude of you as my daughter not to show him respect and address him as my daughter..."

Its also rude to slaughter packs for their territory without even trying to negotiate but Alpha Lelantos does that so lets call it even.

"...But," my father continued, "I am really not comfortable with you interacting with anyone in such a violent pack. Please do your best to avoid them."

I plan on avoiding everyone but I already put wolves from the Lelantos pack on my no fuck list. So thats settled, "of course dad."

"If you accidentally run into him be as polite as you possibly can. Avoid eye contact and-"

"Act like an omega?"

My dad sighed softly. "Evie...I know thats not pleasant but its for your own safety."

I gaped at him. He wants me to act like some simpering omega for Alpha Lelantos.

I have never acted like that for anyone, and I sure as hell wont for some beast with the temper of a problematic five year old who didn't get his favorite candy at Christmas.

Im an alphas daughter, raised and trained as a future alpha. That brute doesn't deserve the satisfaction of being the first to make me act like a simpering little girl under his command.

The only time I'm even remotely submissive is in the sack, and only if he's got a really big dick and a lot of strength.

Unfortunately for Alpha Lelantos being a literal giant dick doesn't count, "dont worry dad, I'll avoid him and do what I have to." I smiled sweetly, "now. tell me about the other packs."

~~

"MELODY!" I slammed the door of my best friends house open.

He 17 year old brother Kendrick cocked a brow at me as I stormed into the kitchen, "hello to you too Evie. Let me guess you found an amazing gown for the ball and are dying to tell my sister?"

I wrinkled my nose in disgust, "uh no. Wheres Mel?"

"In the shower. Hey Evie, can I ask you something?"

I looked over the blonde wolf, he reminded a lot of Melody, kind eyes open smile, the occasional snide remark. Good guy, even if he was stupidly tall for his personality. "Shoot."

"Do you think if you don't find your mate this year that maybe..." he scratched the back of his head, "next year when I turn 18."

Oh great my days about to get worse. "Ken...look, thats never going to happen. You are a sweet guy and you deserve tons of stupid joy, I hope for your sake your mate is nothing like me buy just as good in bed."

He laughed bit, looking kind of sad, "right but."

"Ken. It isn't going to happen."

"If it did, would you reject me too?"

I didn't even hesitate, "yes."

"Okay ouch."

I shrugged, "your just not what the pack needs in an alpha, your too sweet..." i patted his cheek, "now if you will excuse me I have important lady business to attend to, MELODY YOU BLONDE ASS BIMBO I GOT SOME GOSSIP THATS EVEN JUCIER THAN MY ASS!"

A door upstairs slammed open, "IMPOSSIBLE! IM IN THE SHOWER JOIN ME AND TELL ME EVERYTHING!"

I laughed, starting up the stairs as he brother rolled his eyes.

I didn't even knock as I walked into the bathroom, "sup sugartits hows the water?"

She laughed, "hey there Evie whats up?"

"I have a favor to ask and I learned some shit about the ball."

She peeked at me from behind the glass door, "spill."

"Which of these reds for my hair and can I dye the tips in your sink?"
N
She hummed, "the darker one and go ahead."

"Cool." I started opening the box of dye.

"Uh...Evie?" Melody chimed.

"Sup?"

"...the stuff about the ball?"

"Ohh. Right. Yeah were going to die when we are there. Gonna totally fucking die."