Ch 52: The Exact Opposite

Evie POV:

Asmos kept me close as we walked towards my family's home, his sapphire eyes scanning our surroundings as Melody chattered on the other side of me.

"So. Whats your pack like Alpha Lelantos?" She chimed.

He didn't even glance at her, "strict."

The petite blonde glanced at me, brows furrowing, "well uh what about your home?"

"Strict." He replied again.

I scowled at him as Mel shrugged at me.

She was trying and Asmos was... he was being Asmos. "Okay..." I started, "well how many bedrooms is it?"

Simple questions. Ones that don't require him to overly explain while he's being all alpha and shit.

"Eight."

Mel and I stared at one another, wide eyed.

"Eight?" I echoed.

"Yes."

"But you live alone?"

He nodded, "primarily. On occasion as I have stated, my beta will stay with me, and the deltas."

"How many deltas do you have?" My pack only had two.

"four."

"...thats only six bedrooms?"

He frowned a bit, gaze flickering to me, "on occasion my mother will stay as well. When things are particularly dangerous."

Melody grinned, "thats great. That you take care of her like that."

"She can take care of herself." He grunted, "it is only in states of emergency."

"Okay." I hummed, "thats seven."

He was quiet for a moment, "the eighth is reserved for my first child."

His first...

I swallowed hard, avoiding Mels gaze.

"It was built into the house long ago." He said gruffly, "it can sit for a while longer little one."

Melody was grinning so hard she looked like she was about to explode, "thats cool though! Very prepared of you Alpha Lelantos. I hope my mate had the foresight to do that. Whats it look like? Your house. Is it modern or?.."

His gaze narrowed on the tree line for a moment, "not modern."

"Oh." I stated, "I like modern."

At that his gaze flicked to me, brow arched.

I shrugged, "its so clean and interesting and often shiny. Not what you usually see in a wolfs home."

He gave nothing more than a small grunt in response, returning to his looking.

Mel sighed softly, "whats he doing Evie?"