Ch 15: 365 Days

Evangeline POV:

Melody met me at the car, took one look at my state of dress and thew our things in the trunk. "Should I break the speed limit?"

"Yeah." I nodded, peering back at the hotel.

He should be awake soon.

She hopped into the drivers seat as I slid into the passenger side, throwing my dress in the back.

She peeled out of the parking lot as if the devil himself were on our heels.

...which he kinda was.

She waited a decent fifteen minutes before glancing at me out of the corner of my eye, "mens shirt and sex hair...what happened Evie?"

I swallowed hard.

"You didn't kill a guy did you."

"No."

"Sleep with anothers mate unknowingly?"

"No."

"Then what?"

"I... Slept with the wrong guy."

"Thats not abnormal or too bad. Why are we running like this?"

I bit my lip, "It was Lelantos."

She nearly choked on her words, "a Lelantos pack member?!"

"Uh. No."

We were silent.

I watched as realization dawned on her face, "no..."

"Yeah..."

"No, Evie! Alpha Lelantos?! Tell me your fucking with me."

"Sorry... all the fucking went to him."

She groaned, "dear gods I wish you said you killed a man."

"Yeah me too."

She sighed a bit, "Why Evie? Out of all the wolves in the ball why him?"

"He was really fucking hot and the man has a huge dick. Like shit it was perfect, you know I'm a size queen."

"But he's a psycho murderer! One who I'm assuming you pissed off somehow."

"Well I satisfied him eight times first. And I gave him a fake name."

"Eight times!? Are you a wolf or a rabbit Evie?"

"He was insatiable, and he satisfied me twice as many times. Sooo I guess last night I was a rabbit?"

"How did you even run into him?"

"Empty hallway. Took him into the women's room. We fucked. He took me back to his room. We fucked more. Fell asleep, had sleep sex. Then fell asleep again."

"...sleep sex."

"Neither of us fully awake, but fucking happens anyways it's instinctual."

"Okay. Well... I'm glad you brought so many condoms."

I was utterly silent.

"Evie..."

"Fuck." I groaned, "I knew I should have kept them in my cleavage."

"You let him-"

"If you were in my place you would have too everything was just so hot and lust fueled. And did I mention his dicks was-"

"Yes. But eight times!?"

"Eight wonderful times. I'm on birth control I'm sure it will be okay."

"Should we stop and get you a morning after pill like...if you had his baby..the baby of another man your mate would be devastated."

Actually I think he would be quite pleased with himself. But there was no way I was telling her that Asmos was my mate.

She would want me to try and work things out when she found out I didn't reject him.

I should have.

I don't know why I didn't.

Oh wait.

Yes I do.

If I rejected him nothing would stop him from killing me.

I was screwed either way but I sure as hell wasn't staying. "Yes...lets get me one of those stupid pills. Can't ever be too safe."

She nodded, taking my hand without looking away from the road, "I got your back babe. Always."

"Thanks Mel."

"Its what friends are for."

I squeezed her hand, "I'm sorry you didn't find your mate Mel."

"Well..." she started, "I guess next year we both get to get all pretty again in brand new gowns."

...next year.

Right. I would be expected to go.

Maybe if I'm lucky I'll have 365 days to prepare before seeing him. 365 days to figure out how to reject him and live.

If I'm lucky and he doesn't manage to track me down first.

"Yeah." I sighed, "next year."

~~

Asmos POV:

"Alpha. We...convinced them to give us a picture and the information of all the Lauras at the ball."

I looked up from the bar. We haven't left the hotel yet but I was itching to get out of here. To find her. "And?"

"There are fifty total."

I growled lowly at Keegan.

"10 that have black hair and green eyes." He handed me a file. "All in here alpha."

I flipped it open going through the photos, "No, too tan to be her. Too heavy. Eyes too dark. Her hair was long not short. This woman is far to ugly to ever be my mate." Keegan choked out a laugh at the last one. "Her lips are too thin. This one is much too flat chested. This ones nose is-"

"Alpha....I don't think the commentary is necessary."

I tossed the file on the bar, "shes not in here."

"Your sure?"

I growled lowly, "none of them are nearly as beautiful. Nor do they have a build like hers."

"I see.." he cleared his throat, "is there any way she gave you a fake name?"

I was silent for a long moment.

Then the glass I was holding shattered in my hand, "that bitch."

"But she gave you her Snapchat right?"

"She did." I growled.

"Then maybe contact her through that?" Keegan scratched the back of his head, "she could have just gotten scared, your reputation isn't a kind one."

I doubt she did. She didn't seem like the type. But she did give me a way to contact her. It might help me find her. "Fine."

"Good. Lets just set you one up then and search for her username."

I nodded.

We sat in silence.

"Keegan." I rumbled, "what the actual fuck is Snapchat?"

He shrugged, "A social media app I know nothing about but one of the younger wolves probably does. I'll get someone."

"Good."

He left the room and I snapped at the bartender to bring me another drink.

Gods knows I will need it. It seems I'm going to have to burn half the country to the ground to find her.

She is in for one hell of a punishment when I get my hands on her.

Running and lying to me is not how to gain my favor.