Chapter 12

I tossed an turned when I went to bed. I mean the excitement was just so much I think I woke up like 6 times. Trust me, if you met Jake, you would be tossing and turning too knowing you're going to have a date with him. But I mean this was tossing and turning on another level too.

In fact, at one point I got up, buck naked, and walked towards a window and stared out. I just stood there, not really sleepy, window wide open for me and looked out. Yep, my inhibitions were at their peak here for some reason. I mean never in my life did I think I would open a window buck naked and stare out. I was super shy to even stand close to a window sometimes in clothes but not tonight. Jake had in his own way opened me up. Well, that and I was forcing myself too. I mean, I had one shot with him in the next few hours to make a positive impression on him.

But it was 4:33 AM and here I stood, my eyes peering out the window, with the window curtain of course covering me by flowing back and forth, a hot tea in my hand. Yah, I wasn't going sleep at all. I'll be honest, I've stood here before so it was for me not a new thing. But I just stood there and looked out, thinking to myself about Jake...where could this all go. In a way, I wish I was going to stay longer here in the states. I mean now that I met him three months was shorter than I had originally anticipated. I mean I wish could stay longer but what would I say to my parents? And I was also worried that I would miss out on the English standards of academics. I mean Jake was a great reason, but I also wasn't going to waste my education either. Trig here was already a year behind what I knew. I was getting a 100% in Trig, Calculus I was at 95%, History I was at 99% and rest of my other classes were 90% and above. So I wasn't really learning as much as I thought. And I didn't see the curriculum getting that much harder.

Sure I mean the experience of being here was great. Even if university wasn't challenging me I met a new friend and all and Jake, but I don't' think it was enough for me to stay longer, and being my parents were flipping the bill, ya it wasn't happening. Unless I had a super good reason. My dad wouldn't care, my mom....well we all know her.

But I couldn't escape it, the inevitable, here was the big day! The one I had actually waited on for since like...forever. The butterflied in my stomach were going into overdrive for sure. Like I could feel my stomach almost going to burst because now this was just going beyon from stares and smiles between us, this was going to be a defining moment for me. Even though Jake seems like a simple person and not high expectation, I still felt I had lots to live up to...it's just that voice inside me and my guts.

But the usual did happen before we were going to me. Oh trust me, Jake and I had traded some glances during history but I was like super nervous. I was just hoping I didn't get all tongue-tied during our date and not say anything. I mean I didn't want to be Ben, I wanted to keep Jake interested in me and quietness was not going to do it.

When history ended Jake even came up to me very quickly and told me if we were on tonight? I said yes and he apologized but he had to go to practice. He offered if I wanted to watch but I had a trig class right after and I couldn't miss it. But I promised him another time and he as fine with it. He didn't get upset and winked at me and took off. Good, he was mature in that way. But I was curious to see him play, I mean I am sure anytime he was going to be taken down I would mostly likely turn away but anyways, that was for another way. I didn't wanna see Jake splattered on the floor, what woman wants to see her man go down like that..her man..I was already calling him that. Argghhh...gotta calm down, setting up too many expectations.

But here it was. The time had come to talk the talk and walk the walk. Christie had wished me a good luck through text as Jake texted me that he had arrived. I looked at the time before I left. Five minutes early! Damn, he was punctual. Never a keep a girl waiting. Never! Anyways I wore a black blouse, one that was not too conservative and not too overexposed. I put on jeans and low cut shoes to finish things off. I applied some makeup, didn't want to overdo it and sprayed on a light perfume.