The Walls Come Down

I wake up to Riley's warm body wrapped around mine. I look over at the clock it is 6:15 before looking down at her and a smile makes its way onto my face. When it is like this, I can pretend that everything is ok. I kiss the top of her head and she stirs out of her slumber. She yawns and leans up kissing me on the cheek without opening her eyes.

"We have to get up Lee." I say quietly. She opens her eyes and frowns. "Don't frown princess, you will get wrinkles." I say smoothing out the crease in her forehead. She yarns again before getting up and walking into the bathroom. I get up too and feel the soreness in my stomach and legs. I walk over to the mirror and look at my body. I have dark bruising on my sides and stomach and my thighs are covered in black and blue. I guess I am wearing pants today. I walk over to my dresser and pull out a pair of my softball warmup sweats. I pull them of before walking into the bathroom with Lee. She is brushing her teeth and I do the same after washing my face. I walk back into my room and go in my closet. I pull out my t shirt that matches the sweats and put it on. I go back into the bathroom and brush my hair pulling it up into a high ponytail.

I sit on my bed while Lee looks through my drawers for what she wants to wear. She chooses a pair of nike soccer pants and one of my old jerseys. Its funny how not only will we act like a couple, we will look like one too. I let out a chuckle at the thought and Lee looks at me curiously. I shake my head and get up walking behind her.

"You know we look like a couple right? You wearing my jersey and my pants that are a little too big for you." She shrugs.

"I don't care. Everyone knows my heart belongs to you and yours to me even if we know that you won't let me in." She says sadly.

"You know I love you Lee. You know that don't you?" I ask. She nods. "Wait for me princess. Let me get my sister and myself out of this hellhole and I will be all yours. I'm yours anyway Lee." I say kissing her just below her ear. She turns her head and sighs.

"I know Bella. I will I just wish I didn't have to wait. I love you and I'm in love with you." She says making the wall around my heart shake and begin to crumble. She has never told me she is in love with me. It is one of the things that have kept that little distance between us, one of the things that keeps her from letting herself get hurt. The magnitude of that sentence brings tears to my eyes and a feeling of warmth explodes in my chest. I quickly blink them away before turning her around and smashing my lips onto hers. I wrap my arms around her holding her flush against me. She is surprised at first, but then starts kissing me back. My phone dings and I pull away. I watch her eyes flutter open and a smile spread on her face. Why am I waiting? I could have that all the time. Why wait when I know I am going to end up with her anyway.

"That was better than I though it was gonna be." She says smiling.

"Oh you thought about it have you?" I say with a smirk. She scoffs.

"Well duh. I'm in love with you. Of course I thought about what kissing you, I mean really kissing you, would be like. You kiss me on the cheek, head, neck, even my shoulder all the time but we have never kissed like that." She says rolling her eyes. We have to leave for school. After locking the door and heading to the car, we go to school. I get out and open her door. She stands beside the front of my car and I walk over in front of her. I lean down and whisper in her ear.

"By the way. I'm in love with you too Lee." I say before kissing her cheek and turning to head inside. I look back and her eyes are wide and she is just standing there with her mouth agape. "Are you coming to class or what princess?" I ask with a chuckle. She shakes her head and runs to catch up to me.

"Do you mean that?" She says eyeing me.

"Of course I do Lee. I thought you knew this." I say still walking to the front of the school.

"I know you love me but technically, you have never confirmed that you are in love with me." She says making me laugh as we walk inside and down the hall.

"I thought it was fairly obvious." I say before I am pulled into the bathroom. I watch Lee who is making sure we are alone.

"What are we doing Bella?" She asks seriously.

"What do you mean?"

"The kiss. Telling each other we are in love. What are we doing? I need to know because I can't just pretend that none of that happened. You know I want this between us. You know I want us to be together. So I need you to tell me if you think you can be with me now. Because if not, then I have to take a break to get my heart back under wraps. Because right now its bursting and I just need to know." She rushes out in a single breath. I step close to her and tilt her head up with my finger. I look into her eyes before kissing her again.

"I want you Lee. Always have. I'm ready." I say resting my forehead against hers. I open my eyes and see her with a grin across her face. She jumps on me wrapping herself around me before attacking my lips. We hear the bell ring and she gets down and we race to class. Once inside we sit in our seats and I look over to Lee who is writing something down that is on the board. She must feel me starring because she looks up. Our eyes lock and we both grin like mad. I feel that warmth explode in my chest again and I wonder to myself, why I thought it would make a difference if Lee and I got together now or later.