Chapter 16.

Aazim.

"Where were you lost?" I looked up and saw Hayden leaning against the door of my office. I sigh and shake my head before continuing my work.

"Nowhere. I am just tired." I forced out a smile when I looked up at him. He frowned and I know he is not convinced by my answer. 

"I know you are lying, but I won't force you to tell me, but do talk to someone about it. It will help you relax and think more clearly." He says with a small smile and walk away. I close the file, I was working on and leaned back on my chair with my eyes closed.

It has been three weeks since Raina disappeared. I tried my best to find her, but I couldn't. She is not at her Mom's house or at our grandparent house or any other places I can think of where she went. I just know that she is not in the city when I went in her office hoping to see her there but no one there knows about her or maybe they know, but Raina tells them not to tell me. 

I open my eyes and look at the phone with a sigh. Every day, I tried to call her, but it was always switched off. All the time, I look at the phone hoping that she will call me but it never happens. Since she left, I feel like a part of me is missing. I didn't feel like this when Sana left me all broken. 

I close my eyes again as my mind went back to Sana. After that night  of Charity event, I tried to get her new number but I couldn't. All the time when I think about her, I couldn't understand why she left me and why wouldn't she come back to me after knowing the truth.

A part of me wants her to come back while others don't and wants to live with Raina. I just don't know who I should spend my life with. They both leave me alone in the middle without even thinking what I feel.

My phone ring broken me from my thoughts. I open my eyes and quickly grab it thinking that Raina called me, but sigh when I saw Zahir calling me. I take a deep breath and answer it. 

"Yes Zahir." I added after giving my Salam to him. I leaned forward and open the unfinished file to complete it.

"Are you free tonight?" He asked me. I frowned and drop the pen on the desk. 

"Yes, why?" I asked him back. I heard him sighing and he mumbled something but I couldn't get it. "What?"

"Nothing. I just wanted to tell you that I am coming over for dinner." This is all he says before he hung up. I frowned and stared at my phone before shrugging. He is weird and maybe that is the reason he is my best friend. 

After my office hour is up, I stood up and pack my things before locking my office and get ready to leave to go down in the parking. As I drive toward the house, I think of making Zahir favorite dish as he sound sad on the phone. On my way, I pick a few things for dinner before continuing my way to home.

When I reach home, I went inside with shopping bags and drop them on the counter in the kitchen. I quickly went upstairs, to freshen up before I start making dinner for us. I don't know what I am going to say if his wife asked me about Raina. I will just make an excuse of her staying at her Mom's house for a few days. 

It was 8 when I heard the doorbell keep ringing. I walk toward the front door and glared at Zahir as he keep ringing it until he saw me. He gives me a grin before walking inside. I sigh and look outside for his family, but they weren't anywhere. I close the door and follow him in the living room. He was sitting on the couch and with his eyes close and his head was thrown back. 

"Where is your wife and son?" I asked him as I lean against the wall. He open his eyes and look at me with a sigh. 

"She is at her Mom's house with Sabih. I was hungry and decide to come here. You know I hate eating out and I need a home meal right now." He says. I nodded and tell him to follow me. 

"I made your favorite dish." I told him and serve everything on the table while he take his seat on the chair. I sit down as well and saw him looking around. 

"Where is your wife?" He asked me as he serves himself a plate. I swallow and make myself a plate as well. 

"S-she went to her Mom's house as well." I told him and try not to sound nervous before he could pick up any lie within a few second. He nodded as we start eating and talk about things happen in our lives. Mostly, he tells me about him. He got promoted and his wife is trying to look for a job that she could do from home because she got bored at home after Sabih sleep. 

***

"Now that we are done with dinner. Tell me what happened." Zahir says as we were sitting in the living room after dinner and cleaning all the dishes. 

"What are you talking about?" I asked him and try to play confused in front of him. He sighs and leaned forward to glare at me.

"I know you since we were kids. I can tell when you are lying." He says and raised his eyebrow at me to continue. I sigh and leaned back on the couch and put my legs on the small center table.

"Sana is back. I saw her in London at an event where I go with Raina. I told her the truth about that day, but she still didn't come back and wants me to forget about her. It is not easy for me to do it. After talking and explain to her, when I went back in to where the event was happening and accidentally got drunk." I told him everything from the start to the end and close my eyes as I remember everything.

"Aazim are you serious right now? You are going after someone who left you without even listening and thinking what will happen to you. In a way, she cheated on you by getting engaged with her boss. I think she only wants money that is why she chose him over you. She never loved you in the first place." He says when I tell me that I am planning to get Sana back in my life. 

"But I still love her, I don't feel anything for Raina. Besides, if Raina still feels anything for me then she wouldn't leave me alone like Sana." I told him and sit straight. He shake his head at me with a sad smile.

"You are blind Aazim. Do you not see what Raina is doing for you? She is backing away so you could go back to Sana and live happily with her. She is putting your happiness before everything and you are saying like that about her." He says with a disappointed look. I frowned as I think what he says. She did always put my happiness before everything.

I fall back on couch and close my eyes thinking about where I should find Raina.

---------------------------------------------------

Update! I hope you all like it and let me know what you think about it.

Next chapter will be out on Wednesday.

Thank you so much for your support! ☺

-Maddy.!