Chapter 9: Death Sentence

The stone doors opened revealing a wide large circular room. This was the source of her pain. Anger, sadness and terror filled the room, she couldn't see it, but she could feel it, like the constant throbbing in her head. The pain in May´s body disappeared as she tried to control the souls. In the room three thrones stood in front of her, like in her vision, but they weren't empty. The doors closed behind them. Ten vampires were dispersed around the walls of the room, if it had been useless to escape before, now it was impossible, the other two that had followed her joined them.

Cold hands quickly came around her wrist.

        “Leave me alone” she said trying to push away firm from the grasp.

        “Jane?” May heard someone say.

The woman, who was called Jane let her go and stood back a few steps. May watched as a vampire that sat on a throne stood up.

The man came up to her and she knew he was examining her.

 May took a few steps back before being held by stone hands behind her

        “What is your name my girl” the man said. He had dark hair that fell down to his shoulders, red eyes, he looked like their leader.

        “What is your name” he demanded and the woman at the back gripped her arms tightly. She groaned in pain

        “May” she managed to whisper, hoping he wouldn't listen, Although she knew that was impossible.

The man smiled at her

        “My dear May, you have begun to cause a little chaos lately, haven't you?”

May looked at him, he knew... he knew that she had killed the demons. What would he do to her now? He slowly took his hand and stretched it towards her         “May I” May looked at his extended hand. A dangerous game of cat and mouse.

        “Are you going to kill me?” May whispered looking at his hand. The man chuckled and smiled at her

        “No”

        “I don't trust you” she said.

        “Jane”

The woman took her hand behind her hand and forced it open, the man put his cold hands around hers. She waited open eyed  for something to happen, but nothing happened. He let her hand go and she pulled it back. May had never felt so vulnerable before, she didn't know where she was? why hadn't they killed her already? she looked around her, but there were no escape routes.

        “A hybrid I see, you are a gifted one, born to sense what others feel… even when they are already dead. ” A hybrid? Maybe they knew where she came from, her parents, who she was.

        “You don´t know nothing about me“ May hissed.

The man looked around to the other vampires.

         “But… I know everything about you, May Lionheart” his eyes rested on hers and shivers began to run  down her spine.

        “My parents, were are they” she said incapable to contain herself. The vampire smiled at her.

        “Dead of course”.

May gasped sligthly, unable to believe it.

        “But, why? You did it, right, RIGHT!”

        “We have our reasons for doing what we do, ” Tears of hatred  began to flow down her cheeks, “but… the question remains, what shall we do to you? Such a wonderful creation. You are too dangerous, but too valuable to destroy”