Chapter 15: Breaking walls

OMG. After like 2 years, yes I'm backkk. jeje I'm sorry and you can hit me for being evil and not updating but don't worry I will continue. Read on (; I will be editing previous chapters

He closes the door behind me averting anymore questions as his wide steps pull determinedly along. We pass a series of doors.

"Now where are we going" I ask

The corner of his lips tug up "A place with fresh air"

Finally he reaches a pair of huge doors that even for me they look too heavy. I see a small line of light at the bottom of the door. Outside! We're going outside! The doors open easily as he pushes them apart.

I cover my eyes with my hands.

Everything is too bright, too white. A crow caws in the distance and curious I take my arms from my face, slowly blinking out the light. There are various garden beds and a tall fountain in the middle, four tall walls enclose the small haven from the town. I walk a little trying to take everything in.

I'm in the middle of a courtyard, a hazy figure stands in the other side, facing the fountain. I walk towards him still slightly dazed by the sun.

"Aren't vampires supposed to die in the sunlight?"

I stop a few feet away from him

"No"

He turns around.

His face shines in the sun, hundreds of tiny diamonds reflecting the sun in bright flecks. I walk towards him admiring the beautiful shimmer on his pale skin and my hand unconsciously reaches out to touch his face, his dark red eyes look straight at me as my fingers touch his cheek, watching my every movement. His skin is so bright and hard like the white rock of a greek statue, the sensation is almost electrifying. How could God create such a beautiful and dangerous creature? How could he make me love him? Demetri's hand covers mine.

"Beautiful" he sighs.

His red eyes shine and even though he is cold, the warmth and passion they radiate are too overwhelming to bare. The ground underneath me trembles and I step closer to him. His hand settles on my back and he leans into me, his lips brushing the top of my earlobe. I try to catch my breath.

"You have no idea what you do to me" he whispers

"Is it good or bad?" I say breathless

A low growl escapes him and the low sound of it makes every inch of my body melt.

"Both"

I feel my cheeks flush and my heart pounds on my veins.

"Your heart is going so quick. I don't want it stop" He pulls me away gently holding my arms, "Never"

"Really? When I met you I would've thought otherwise."

A smile tugs the edge of his lips upwards and I take advantage of it pulling away to find my breath again.

"That was before"

"And now?" I say my feet going backward with each step I take away from him. He comes towards me, his stance clearly telling me that he is thinking of answering my question another way and by other means. Every inch of my body tenses trying to examine and predict the next movement he will make.

"I would love you still if I didn't hear it"

"Love makes you weak" I state, it is not a question.

His face hitches up and I back away surprised by the sudden fierceness of his gaze.

"Love doesn't make me weak" he growls and that is the only warning I get before he pounces on me. I swerve just in time, rolling down on the floor, my black dress tieing up in knots between my legs. I quickly pick myself up untangling my feet from the black silk and flattening out the creases.