Chapter 3

When i woke the next morning i was instantly reminded of what jacob had said last night when i woke up next to him.

I looked up at the man, whose chest i was laying on.

“Good morning.” He said, his voice hoarse with sleep.

“How long have you been up?” I asked as i sat up.

He sat up also and rubbed his eyes. “About 10 minutes.” He admitted.

I looked at him with an eyebrow raised, “were you just watching me sleep?” i tried my best to hide my smile but i just couldn't, the smile broke out onto my face.

“And if i was?” he asked moving closer to me, his face 2 inches away from mine.

“Well, were you?” I knew he was, i just wanted to hear him admit it.

He sighed loudly and finally gave in, “I was.” he admitted with an awkward laugh.

“That’s a little creepy, Jakey.” I teased him as i pressed a kiss to his lips quickly.

“Can’t i watch my beautiful girlfriend sleep?” He asked innocently.

“You can do whatever you want to do.” I chuckled, getting out of bed.

I quickly got dressed after i saw the time and saw i was going to be late for work.

“Bye Jakey! I’ll see you when i get home! Love you!” After i registered what i had just said i quickly left, not giving him a chance to say anything back.

To say i was scared was an understatement, even though i had meant it, it didn’t mean he was going to love me back.

Sure, he admitted last night that he was only falling for me, but i had already fell for him years ago, so i did one hundred percent love him.

Hopefully, he felt the same way.

When i got to work i went to my cubicle and set down all my stuff.

“Good morning April.” My cubicle neighbor Cindy,said from her side, her head peeking over the small wall separating us.

“Good morning, Cindy. How’s your morning?” I asked politely, like i always do.

She sighed heavily, something was wrong. “What’s the matter?”

“I-I just, my boyfriend and i just broke up, he’s been seeing someone else.” Her eyebrows dipped as she spoke, and avoided eye contact. “That’s terrible. You don’t deserve a man that will cheat on you, Cindy.” I told her softly, not wanting to upset her.

“I know. I also don’t deserve to have a friend that lies to me.” Her eyebrows pulled together in anger as she looked straight into my eyes.

My eyebrows shot up in surprise, “What’s that supposed to mean?” I was offended, was she implying something?

“That your sleeping around with my boyfriend! What type of person are you?” She yelled at me, drawing unwanted attention towards us.

“I don’t even know who your boyfriend is!”

“Its Derek James! Don’t play dumb!” She stood up and walked around the wall separating us.

What was she doing? More importantly, what is she talking about? “I’m not sleeping around with him! He keeps following me around! He’s a stalker!” I defended myself. “What ever happened between you two is none of my business but he’s creepy! Maybe he’s sleeping with other people, but it’s definitely not with me!” I picked up my things and slung my bag over my shoulder.