Chapter 7

I woke up and stared at the familiar ceiling for a moment before slowly sitting up. The sudden movement made my head spin.

“You’re awake.” His deep voice came from across the dark room. I saw his shadow stand up and walk over to the bed, where he turned on the lamp on the nightstand.

Light illuminated the room letting me see Derek’s face as he sat on the bed.

“How are you feeling?” His blue eyes searched mine.

“Groggy but okay. What happened?” He picked up my hand and held it in my lap, brushing his thumb over the back of it.

“You fainted. I’m not sure why but you collapsed, I walked into the house and found you passed out on the floor. Do you remember anything?”

“I don’t know what happened but it doesn’t matter, I’m fine.” I reassured him with a smile. He didn’t look convinced.

“I promise! I’m fine!” I exclaimed.

His eyebrows raised. “Are you a hundred percent positive?” He asked.

I laughed, “yes!”

His eyes were still filled with worry so I leaned forward and kissed him softly.

“I’m fine.” I whispered against his lips. He grabbed the back of my neck and kissed me again, but it wasn’t like all the other times we’ve kissed. He was being much more passionate, like he never wanted the kiss to end. His hands cupped my cheeks and held me in place as he kissed me softly yet passionately.

By now we were both breathing heavily but kept the kiss going. After what seemed like a few seconds but were really a few minutes, we separated. He laid his forehead on mine as we both tried catching our breath.

“You can’t even begin to understand what you do to me.” He whispered, panting.

“I understand because you do the same to me.”

He grabbed my hips and dragged me on top of him, making me straddle his lap.

I looked down at his face and softly cupped his cheek. He closed his eyes and laid his hand over mine.

“You make me feel things I’ve never felt before.” He said softly.
I had never seen Derek look and sound so vulnerable. Everything was true though. He made me feel emotions that felt foreign to me.

He rubbed his hands up and down on my hips as he dragged kisses down my neck. My breathing hitched and my hands entangled in his hair. He grabbed my ass cheeks and laid me on the bed and climbed behind me.

“I just want to hold you.” His breath fanned across my ear and made me shiver.

“Okay.” I turned around and cuddled into his chest. His arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me as close as I could get to him. His eyes fluttered closed and his breathing began getting heavier.

I kissed his chest and went up to his neck. I placed my hand on his cheek and caressed his face. His eyes opened slowly. I softly smiled as he grinned sleepily.

From being so close I could see his little brown freckles scattered across his nose and cheeks, and his eyes were such a light blue, making me drown in them like the ocean. Emotion swirled in his eyes when he looked at me and that was all it took for me to understand what I felt for him. I loved him. The couple of months we’ve been here we grew close but I didn’t know just how close until this moment.

“I love you, Derek.” Is what I wanted to say to him but it got stuck in my throat.

“I-I.” I couldn’t say it. It would destroy us.